Tears Of The Ascended
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tearsoftheascended.enjin.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Misha's Application

Go down 
+4
Mistress Misty
K A I T L Y N N
Draezha
Mishmush
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mishmush
True Noob
True Noob

Misha's Application Empty
PostSubject: Misha's Application   Misha's Application I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:18 am

Greetings everyone! Here is my application, hopefully I will live up to your expectations and get to know everyone in the near future Smile

1) Please tell us your Account name.####, your age, Global Location/Time Zone
Account name -> Mishmush.4920
Age -> 16 (17 in January)
Global location -> Sunny and hot Southern California
Time Zone -> Pacific Time

2.) Please list your character names, classes, and levels.
a) Misha Fierceclaw - Level 80 Charr Warrior, full exotic with two ascended items (almost 3) 
b) Misha Lightborn - Level 42 Norn Guardian (I can get him up to level 80 quickly with full exotic)... I have tons of XP Boosters and about 500k Karma 
c) Rangermaster Misha - Level 40 Human Ranger 
d) Shadowlord Misha - Level 16 Sylvari Necromancer 

3.) Tell us about how you play your primary profession(s). How are you geared? What role do you play in a team?
On my main (Warrior), I generally prefer to go Greatsword Berserker with a Longbow for WvW and a Rifle for PVE. I am geared with full exotic that has power, precision, and critical damage with ruby crystals. On a team I use a Banner of Strength and "For Great Justice" to provide additional power to myself and my team. So I aid the team while dishing out tons of damage on my enemies. 

4.) What server are you currently on? if not on Dragonbrand do you intend on changing?
Jade Quarry, but yes, I intend to change to Dragonbrand 

5.) What MMO games have you played in the past? Do you still play them?
Guild Wars 1 (over 3000 hours logged and I have played it since release), World of Warcraft (for only 6 months) 
I quit World of Warcraft as well as Guild Wars 1 (due to the release of Guild Wars 2).

6.) Please rate each of the following aspects of Guild Wars 2 in order of importance to you. (1=Lowest, 5=Highest)
a. Story/Lore -> 2
b. Exploration/Cartography -> 3
c. Extracurricular Activities such as crafting, (power) trading, chatting -> 3 for crafting and trading, 5 for chatting
d. General casual play -> 5 (just love to play the game) 
e. High Level or Challenging areas (most likely with a group, ie: end game content and dungeons) - 5 (dungeons are tons of fun with groups and I love getting tons of money Razz
f. PvP or WvWvW -  3 for PvP while 5 for WvW (I am a huge WvW fan) 

7.) Please explain why you would like to join ToA. 
- My friend Liz told me about the guild, and it seemed like a guild that has tons of fun while housing elite and powerful players. In my current guild (MYTH), I am a "nobody" in the huge mire of 600 members and the guild generally has events at times that do not suit me since they are in Singapore). This guild seems like it will deliver a positive and fun experience while helping me get better at the game (remind me the last time you found a legit PUG group). 

8.) How did you hear about ToA? Do you know anyone in ToA? Please list their name(s).
- As mentioned above, Liz told me about the guild. I have known her and Aaron for about 4 years and have played with them since Guild Wars 1. 

9.) Do you have Teamspeak and a headset with microphone?
- Yes, I also have Ventrillo and Skype if needed. Yes, I have a Siberia V2 headset (it comes with a microphone). 

10.) How often do you play Guild Wars 2? Hours per day? Days per week?
- During the summer and holidays, every day. Since I will be a junior next year (I will take 3 AP and 2 honors classes), I should most likely be able to play only on Friday and the weekends for 4-5 hours each day. So I should be able to get around 12-15 hours per week (depending on my work load). 

11.) Did you play Guild Wars 1? (If Yes, please tell us your character names and what guilds you were in.)
Yes, it was my first and favorite MMO of all time. As mentioned prior, I logged over 3000 hours and my main was Misha The Wise, all 6 of my other characters were also level 20. (I had about 15 of the best armor sets including Vabiian (no obby though), chaos gloves, tormented weapons, and tons of other goodies :3. I was in my friends guild for the first 2-3 years of play; but for the next 5, I was in Liz's guild. 

12.) Please tell us what is most important to you in a guild. Be specific.
- A friendly, chatty community that loves to have fun, but at the same time is good at the game. I value communication highly, but at the same time, prefer to be around good players that know the game solidly. 

13.) Any additional comments you would like to add.
- Just want to say that I am an extremely social yet mature person. I have been gaming since I was in preschool, so I am a gamer at heart Smile 
Back to top Go down
Draezha
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll
Draezha

PostSubject: Re: Misha's Application   Misha's Application I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:26 am

I've known Misha for a while and he's been a decent friend and a good player. He doesn't quite meet all of the requirements but I think in time he could make it into the guild. He's always curious and eager to learn more and he is a capable player. He follows instructions well and he's friendly and fairly easy to get along with.

He has my +1 as a friend

*edit* -1 for req. I think him joining may be something in the future. I wouldn't mind seeing him become part of the guild. I told him I'd help him gear up and train him myself on some of the dungeons so that he can meet the req. He'll be 17 soon and eligible in time.

Last edited by Draezha on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
K A I T L Y N N
How do you play without Shadow Form?
K A I T L Y N N

PostSubject: Re: Misha's Application   Misha's Application I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 1:31 am

After looking over the application you meet almost all qualifications:

First you would have to have a 2nd 80(for variety reasons)

and to be on the Dragonbrand server (once the first is met you qualify for "Alliance" status and when the move to Dragonbrand is made you would be member.

Once the first one is met I would say +1/trial

Please keep people in the loop of the progress so the leaders/officers of ToA know
Back to top Go down
Mistress Misty
Bridge Troll
Bridge Troll

PostSubject: Re: Misha's Application   Misha's Application I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 5:14 am

...what Kyler said. The app looks great but you will require a 2nd 80. Also, don't rely entirely on karma for gearing your guardian. Come hang out on the guild TS and try getting on some SE runs to acquire full knight's gear.

Mishmush wrote:
ruby crystals

...you mean orbs, right?
Back to top Go down
Mitch
Admin
Mitch

PostSubject: Re: Misha's Application   Misha's Application I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 7:58 am

It is a good app but like Kyler said it falls short just a little bit. I would like to see a second level 80 on your account so you have the option to roll to other things. We understand that a warrior with high DPS is always desirable but ToA strives to teach diversity and expand people's knowledge of the game.

I would be willing to accept you as an alliance member until your second level 80 is completed and geared. Once you complete the trial and make a transfer to DB you would become a full member.
Back to top Go down
AOTT
AOTT

PostSubject: Re: Misha's Application   Misha's Application I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 8:51 am

I do not recommend this particular player.  My previous experience with them leads me to believe they would not do well here. (edited)

Last edited by AOTT on Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.fomj.net/
Draezha
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll
Draezha

PostSubject: Re: Misha's Application   Misha's Application I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 10:41 am

Mitch's word is King, you'd always have my +1 as a friend, but if you need a little more work then you need some more work. Keep at it and you'll eventually be able to get in. I figured you'd probably fall short, but always worth a try.

We all strive to get better and if you can meet the expectations in a trial run once you meet the requirements of the guild. Then you'd probably be welcome here the same as anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Skittles
Bridge Troll
Bridge Troll
Skittles

PostSubject: Re: Misha's Application   Misha's Application I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 11:37 am

As people mentioned above you don't meet some of our minimum requirements.  Another requirement I think some have missed is you fall short age wise.  ToA is a 17+ guild.  I also am lead to believe that since you only have one 80 that your dungeon experience may fall short of what we expect from our members.

For now -1
Back to top Go down
Mitch
Admin
Mitch

PostSubject: Re: Misha's Application   Misha's Application I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 12:56 pm

Skittles wrote:
As people mentioned above you don't meet some of our minimum requirements.  Another requirement I think some have missed is you fall short age wise.  ToA is a 17+ guild.  I also am lead to believe that since you only have one 80 that your dungeon experience may fall short of what we expect from our members.

For now -1

Skittles did indeed point out something I missed. We are a 17+ adult guild and I would like to stand my ground on that point. 

You do seem to be geared for CoF p1 farming which you wont find much of here in ToA. I still think you can join us as an alliance member and join us for missions and other dungeons if you keep an eye on our guild chat and would like to learn more.

-1 for member status
Back to top Go down
Mishmush
True Noob
True Noob

PostSubject: Re: Misha's Application   Misha's Application I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 8:03 pm

Thank you very much for taking the time to read and consider my application everyone! For now, I will just possibly join as an alliance member and gain experience. Hopefully once I get my second level 80 and have some better experience with dungeons, I will be a more suitable candidate.

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Perf
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll
Perf

PostSubject: Re: Misha's Application   Misha's Application I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 7:10 am

I have to admit you have a very mature demeanor for someone who is young and on the internet. taking rejection with grace and respect shows good character. while i have to agree with toa standards, all of us at toa would love to see you app in january. toa isnt going anywhere and im sure if you havent found a place to call home yet i for one would like to see you try again.

+1 from me for putting youself out there and for the hope that you will app this winter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Misha's Application   Misha's Application I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Misha's Application
Page 1 of 1