Tears Of The Ascended
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tearsoftheascended.enjin.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Leech's Application

Go down 
+5
Chucks
eVoVe
Sophie Gifu
Mistress Misty
Leech
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Leech
True Noob
True Noob

Leech's Application Empty
PostSubject: Leech's Application   Leech's Application I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 9:08 am

1.) Please tell us your Account name.####, your age, Global Location/Time Zone

TheBlackLeech.9360
25 yrs
North America, Central

2.) Please list the your characters' names, class, and levels.

Level 80 characters with full exotic/ascended gear include:

1. The Black Leech
    Human/Necromancer
  2. Blaine Burntfur
    Charr/Warrior
  3. Garfazz Grimgear
    Charr/Engineer
  4. Björn The Bear
    Norn/Ranger
  5. Úlfr The Wolf
    Norn/Guardian

I am also working on leveling up a Sylvari/Mesmer "Mirage Jacaranda" who is currently level 53

3.) Tell us about how you play your primary profession(s). How are you geared? what role do you play in a team?

At the moment, I do not have one character that I would call my main.
I do have three candidates, however....

I started the game playing a melee Ranger, and although they are great for exploring/solo PvE, I realized that Rangers are less-than ideal for many dungeon/team purposes. I've retired him from gameplay in general PvE, and I instead use him in sPvP almost every day and use him as a storage character. He is geared in full exotics, and has all the exotic weaponry types that a Ranger can wield (with the exception of dagger).
The only reason why he is even considered for this list is because he is the only character on which I have 100% world completion, and probably has the most play time.

My Necromancer is my baby, but I really only use him for fractals. I run melee and mid-range (dagger-warhorn and axe-focus) and switch out close for long range (staff) when I know I will be fighting max-range battles. My Necromancer is one of the most tanky/resilient members in a party always. The amount of utility a Necromancer brings to a party is amazing. Well of Darkness + Plague can effectively shut down large groups of enemies and keep them almost constantly blinded. Well of Blood and shared siphons adds some minor additional healing/support to the team. Abusing Spectral Walk and Death Shroud mechanics in combination with portal guns make it possible to do amazing things. Imagine you fall off the side while running to the end of Jade Maw... "Oh no! We didn't clear the enemies along the way, so I'm in my downed state and there are enemies attacking me... I'm done for!" Not only can a Necromancer go back to save/revive this person... but he can do so in such a fashion that revives the person, creates an entrance portal at that person's location, then teleports back to his original location and creates an exit portal. You just saved this person a hit to their armor, and the walk of shame to catch up to the team! Back to my necromancer...
He deals raw damage, (unlike most necromancers who run condition-based builds) in the form of life steal/single target attacks and PbAoE.
He is equipped with a full set of exotic PVT armor (5/6 Vampirism runes), and berzerker's jewelry/weaponry with an ascended backpiece and rings. He has all the exotic weaponry types that a Necromancer can wield.

The next character that I might consider my main is my glass cannon Warrior, just because I use him a lot. In a game where Warriors are the most powerful damage-dealing class, I push that concept to its extreme. I mainly use him for speedclearing CoF path 1, but I will always take him in place of another character when I know I can get away with dealing a ridiculous amount of damage (even though a slight breeze could kill me). A lot of skill is required to survive with a glass cannon setup, and I would be lying to you if I said I did not get downed more often on this character than on my others... but I do my very best to survive and dodge attacks, and I feel I get downed as much-- if not less than everyone else in the party. He deals a ridiculous amount of damage. He is equipped with a full PPC armor (5/6 Runes of the Scholar), and berzerker's earrings with ascended backpiece, rings, and amulet, and has all the exotic weaponry types that a Warrior can wield (with the exception of mace).

4.) What server are you currently on? if not on Dragonbrand do you intend on changing?

I'm currently on Sanctum of Rall, and I have every intention of changing servers once I find one that suits my needs.

5.) What MMO games have you played in the past? Do you still play them?

Guild Wars 1, Aion
I still log into Guild Wars occasionally mainly for nostalgia... but not Aion.

6.) Please rate each of the following aspects of Guild Wars 2 in order of importance to you. (1=Lowest, 5=Highest)

1 Extracurricular Activities such as crafting, (power) trading, chatting
2 Exploration/Cartography
3 PvP or WvWvW
(I care about sPvP, but not WvW at all)
4 Story/Lore
5 General casual play
6 High Level or Challenging areas (most likely with a group, ie: end game content and dungeons)

7.) Please explain why you would like to join ToA.

I am a current member of a guild that was very active in Guild Wars 1,
however it seems that I’ve made a mistake of putting all my eggs in one
basket with them in Guild Wars 2. The guild I’m in currently has a lot
of dead weight and a lot of players who have “taken over”
leadership responsibilities. I feel that the leadership is doing a poor job. Needless to say, I am unhappy in my current guild.

8.) How did you hear about ToA? Do you know anyone in ToA? Please list their name(s).

My friend Mist Y is in ToA, and I have participated in a few Twilight Arbor runs with Manic.
(I don't really remember anyone else at the moment, so I apologize if I did not list you here, and we play/have played together)

9.) Do you have Teamspeak and a headset with microphone?

Yes

10.) How often do you play Guild Wars 2? Hours per day? Days per week?

I play quite a bit.... probably more often than the average person. ~10+ hrs/day, and I play almost every day.

11.) Did you play Guild Wars 1? (If Yes, please tell us your character names and what guilds you were in.)

Yes. The Black Leech was my main. I was in [LOD大], and I applied to [DL] and was accepted... but lost interest in the game because of all the hype for Gw2, and never really played after I joined.

12.) Please tell us what is most important to you in a guild. Be specific.

Happiness. Activity/Population/Community. Strong Leadership. Player skill.

13.) Any additional comments you would like to add.

Guild Wars 2 allows players to be in multiple guilds simultaneously. I feel that I am hindering myself by only being active in this one weak guild, and I'm looking to expand my horizons. I look forward to playing with all the members of ToA, making new friends, and experiencing Guild Wars 2 with all of you.

Last edited by Leech on Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistress Misty
Bridge Troll
Bridge Troll

PostSubject: Re: Leech's Application   Leech's Application I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 9:30 am

Leech is the best - one of my absolute favourite people to play with; a fun guy to be around and an excellent player too. His app should speak for itself regarding his attitude towards the game.
Back to top Go down
Sophie Gifu
How do you play without Shadow Form?
How do you play without Shadow Form?

PostSubject: Re: Leech's Application   Leech's Application I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 11:08 am

Leech is one of those people who helped me a bunch back in GW1 and hes always been fun in the few runs ive done with him in GW2. Very strong player and a good leader. +1 given you switch to dragonbrand and rep most of the time. If not I would +1 for alliance.
Back to top Go down
eVoVe
Admin
eVoVe

PostSubject: Re: Leech's Application   Leech's Application I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 11:53 am

/trial
Back to top Go down
Chucks
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll

PostSubject: Re: Leech's Application   Leech's Application I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 1:38 pm

Good app, +1.
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Needs To Get Off The Forum
Needs To Get Off The Forum
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: Leech's Application   Leech's Application I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 5:03 pm

Been on many runs with Leech in LOD (although he doesn't seem to know me -1111111), great player and a nice guy.

As I have dual membership in both here and LOD, I certainly see no conflicts. +1
Back to top Go down
River Tank
True Noob
True Noob

PostSubject: Re: Leech's Application   Leech's Application I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 8:30 pm

This is Cookie, Co-leader of LOD.

I've always enjoyed Leech's presense, both in Team Speak and in-game. He is a competent player with several re-rolls, and has a lot of knowledge about many areas of the game; dungeons being his specialty. Good player, will rarely say no to an opportunity to teach someone, great humour and all around nice guy.

Although it seems I'm apart of the reason for his distaste towards the guild, I believe that Leech is a valuable asset in any guild. Regardless of what his plans are in terms of server and guild representation, I wish him the best with whatever he chooses to do.
Back to top Go down
eVoVe
Admin
eVoVe

PostSubject: Re: Leech's Application   Leech's Application I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 11:51 pm

Wutsa Cookie?
Back to top Go down
Chucks
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll

PostSubject: Re: Leech's Application   Leech's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 2:30 am

River Tank wrote:
This is Cookie

You say that but your name says River Tank. I don't know what to believe.
Back to top Go down
Perf
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll
Perf

PostSubject: Re: Leech's Application   Leech's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 6:45 pm

seems like a strong asset with a lot of character development

+1
Back to top Go down
Leech
True Noob
True Noob

PostSubject: Pleased   Leech's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 7:01 pm

I am very pleased to see all of the positive attitude toward my application!
Thank you all for your kind words and...

Sorry Sophie and Frosty! (I do of course remember you guys, I just didn't know you guys were in ToA, haha)
Back to top Go down
Manic
True Noob
True Noob

PostSubject: Re: Leech's Application   Leech's Application I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 7:35 pm

I have enjoyed having Leech in my teams when he as done Twilight Arbor with me.
Back to top Go down
eVoVe
Admin
eVoVe

PostSubject: Re: Leech's Application   Leech's Application I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 10:16 pm

invited 3-4-13 /alliance no probation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leech's Application   Leech's Application I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leech's Application
Page 1 of 1