Tears Of The Ascended
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tearsoftheascended.enjin.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Member Application

Go down 
+4
Frosty
Skittles
eVoVe
Damian_S
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Damian_S
True Noob
True Noob

Member Application Empty
PostSubject: Member Application   Member Application I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 6:32 pm

1.) Please tell us your Account name.####, Age, Global Location/Time Zone

cpncrunch.6405,
I am 19 and live in Quebec, Canada (EST)

2.) Please list the names of your characters, their levels and professions.

Damian Strouthart, l80 Warrior
Olaf Olafson, l56 Guardian
NĂ­ka Noire, l21 Thief
Mikaellia, l25 Ele

3.) What MMO games have you played in the past? Do you still play them?

I've played GW1 for the last 7 years; haven't really touched it since GW2 launch except some RA rounds from time to time. Never got to play other MMO's beforehand.

4.) Please rank each of the following aspects of Guild Wars 2 in order of importance to you. (1=Lowest, 5=Highest)

5) e. High Level or Challenging areas (most likely with a group, ie: end game content and dungeons)
4)c. Extracurricular Activities such as crafting, (power) trading, chatting
3)f. PvP or WvWvW
2)a. Story/Lore
1)b. Exploration/Cartography

5.) Please explain why you would like to join ToA.

I'm looking for an active guild in which I could easily find teammates that are both competent and available. I'd like to start speed running dungeons and an organized PvE guild seems like a good place to start.

6.) How did you hear about ToA? Do you know anyone in ToA? Please list their name(s).

Saw the recruitment post on GW2Guru and was immediately interested as it was one of the few PvE based guild on there.

7.) Do you have Teamspeak and a headset with microphone?

I do have both.

8.) How often do you play Guild Wars 2? Hours per day? Days per week?

I play on average about 2 to 3 hours a day on week nights and much more on weekends. This time does vary depending on my study schedule but I usually always find the time to play.

9.) Did you play Guild Wars 1? (If Yes, please tell us your character names and what guilds you were in.)

Yes, indeed.
Arkantos The Doctor was my main. Also had 7 other lvl20s. Never really stayed in the same guild for that long back in GW1; most of the time I was jumping from guilds to guilds within the same UWsc/Fowsc alliance.

10.) Please tell us what is most important to you in a guild. Be specific.

For me the most important thing in guild is that members actually help on another and are willing to share builds/tactics as well as complete parties when need be. Also, a friendly environment seems pretty essential to avoid tensions especially for high level content.

11.) Any additional comments you would like to add.
Looking forward to getting your feedback.
Back to top Go down
eVoVe
Admin
eVoVe

Member Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Application   Member Application I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 7:06 pm

seems like a good app, although, I would like to make it clear that we are not a "speed clear" guild. If that term even applies to gw2. We like to do dungeons quickly and efficiently, but you wont find the "omg skip all the things" mentality here. If that is what you are looking for, I'm sure we could direct you to a few friendly guilds we know that do those types of runs.

+1
Back to top Go down
Skittles
Bridge Troll
Bridge Troll
Skittles

Member Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Application   Member Application I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 7:36 pm

what evove said.

+1
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Needs To Get Off The Forum
Frosty

Member Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Application   Member Application I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 8:18 pm

As Evo said, we focus primarily on clearing dungeons quickly and with minor stress and don't tend to skip -- however there ARE some people in-guild open to skip runs as long as that is made abundantly clear on the formation of the run. The majority of members don't tend to enjoy them as much, so we don't usually form them.

+1
Back to top Go down
Rider
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll
Rider

Member Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Application   Member Application I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 10:05 pm

Two things caught my attention in this app. One is the speed clear thing, but that's already been addressed. Second is the fact that in GW1 you hopped from guild to guild. Was it due to the fact that you didn't find what you were looking for in those guilds, or just that you don't like to settle down?

Other than that, solid app.
Back to top Go down
Damian_S
True Noob
True Noob

Member Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Application   Member Application I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 11:01 pm

On the speed clear point , I wasn't considering skipping parts but rather looking for good team comps that can complete dungeon in a decent time ( I'm just tired of PuG wipes). As for the guild hopping thing, I think it was more due to the fact that I was young and didn't use voice chat; I never really created any bond with guildies hence why I was jumping around.

hope this all makes sense,
damian Smile
Back to top Go down
Mitch
Admin
Mitch

Member Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Application   Member Application I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 7:39 am

Thank you for addressing these points Damian.
We are looking for a commitment out of our members and not people that jump ship the first time they disagree with someone or a run goes bad.

+1 from me based on your answers.
Back to top Go down
Drake
Bridge Troll
Bridge Troll
Drake

Member Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Application   Member Application I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 8:20 am

Solid app and I agree with Mitch.
Also, your English is better than Kotaff, +1 Razz
Back to top Go down
Dar
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll

Member Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Application   Member Application I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 10:40 am

+1
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

Member Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Application   Member Application I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 8:42 pm

Invited 11.13.12.

Probation until 11.27.12
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

Member Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Application   Member Application I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 5:31 pm

I haven't seen this guy on hardly at all since we invited him. Anyone able to confirm or deny?
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

Member Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Application   Member Application I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 7:14 pm

Saw he left the guild today. /closing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Member Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Application   Member Application I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Member Application
Page 1 of 1