Tears Of The Ascended
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tearsoftheascended.enjin.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Member Application

Go down 
+4
Drake
Mitch
Frosty
Uirtus
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Uirtus
True Noob
True Noob

New Member Application Empty
PostSubject: New Member Application   New Member Application I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 11:29 pm

1.) Please tell us your Account name.####, Age, Global Location/Time Zone
Uritus,25, United States/Eastern Time Zone

2.) Please list the names of your characters, their levels and professions.
Uritus-Ranger-Level 16

3.) What MMO games have you played in the past? Do you still play them?
First MMO

4.) Please rank each of the following aspects of Guild Wars 2 in order of importance to you. (1=Lowest, 5=Highest)
a. Story/Lore
b. Exploration/Cartography
c. Extracurricular Activities such as crafting, (power) trading, chatting
d. General casual play
e. High Level or Challenging areas (most likely with a group, ie: end game content and dungeons)
f. PvP or WvWvW

5.) Please explain why you would like to join ToA.
Look for a tight knit group to role with

6.) Do you know anyone in ToA? Please list their name(s).
Nope

7.) Do you have Teamspeak and a headset with microphone?
Nope

8.) How often do you play Guild Wars 2? Hours per day? Days per week?
Everyday. 4 Hours per day. 7 Days a week

9.) Did you play Guild Wars 1? (If Yes, please tell us your character names and what guilds you were in.)
No

10.) Please tell us what is most important to you in a guild. Be specific.
The friendlyness of everyone in the group!

11.) Any additional comments you would like to add.
Very New To MMOs hope you guys choose ME!
THanks
Back to top Go down
Uirtus
True Noob
True Noob

PostSubject: Re: New Member Application   New Member Application I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 11:32 pm

Uritus.3412 Sorry Laughing
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Needs To Get Off The Forum
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: New Member Application   New Member Application I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 3:51 am

As a guild, our primary focus at the moment is dungeons. We do enjoy diversity and are looking to branch into every aspect of the game, but I wonder if you'll be happy here as you are at the moment.

Did you start the game recently? I would like to see you be able to participate in guild runs soon, which means getting to minimally lvl 35.
Back to top Go down
Mitch
Admin
Mitch

PostSubject: Re: New Member Application   New Member Application I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 7:50 am

I agree with frosty. Every active person in this guild has at least 1 level 80 character and most of us have 2 or more. In order to participate with this guild we would need you to have at least 1 character that is level 30+.
Frosty mentioned 35+ to do Ascalon Catacombs Explorable which is very true.
Level 30 will have you participating in our bi-weekly guild events and we will begin clearing Lornar's pass this Friday.

I am guessing you got the game this week if you play 4 hours a day and only have a ranger that is level 16. It is also very important for you to have a headset and mic in MMO games. Coordination through typing is cumbersome and distracting in group play.

Since you have no references within ToA I am going to have to say no unless you can rush a character up to a higher level within the next week.
Back to top Go down
Drake
Bridge Troll
Bridge Troll
Drake

PostSubject: Re: New Member Application   New Member Application I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 9:55 am

When did you start playing GW2? I'm just curious because of the amount of time you spend on the game compared to the level of your character leads me to believe that it wasn't that long ago.

You will get a lot more from this guild by having at least one high level character. I would really follow the suggestions made by Mitch and Frosty if you are serious about getting into this guild.

Best of luck.
Back to top Go down
Broken Arietta

Broken Arietta

PostSubject: Re: New Member Application   New Member Application I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 10:15 am

4 hours a day on the game should be expecting you to have a level 80 within about 12 days ~ maybe a little more or less.
I don't play nearly as much as that any more but when I do play it's usually with the guild on a dungeon run. Even just doing dungeon runs will level you up fairly quickly.
Level 16 is really very low if you've been playing that long for over a week Level 16 for most of use here is a starting level character.

While I'm not saying it's a bad thing to have a low level character if you want to get the most out of the guild having only a low level ranger is going to mean that you don't get to participate in most things for quite a while.

The guild is doing full area completion events during the week(s) so they are obviously things you can join in on however if the areas are too high a level for you then this is going to be more difficult on you and is going to mean the rest of the team is spending the entire time ressing you or keeping you alive, or they will say you're too low a level and advise you drop out.

Don't take this is a we don't want you in the guild, this is more a, we love that you've shown interest in the guild and would welcome you but are advising you that at the moment, we are quite a high end guild and try to focus on higher end activities. That isn't to say ofcourse that if you want to clear an area throwing it out in guild chat will get you a negative response. A lot of people are creating alts. So they will be clearing areas again and again most likely. So if you are happy to be in the guild while you are levelling just expect to not be able to participate for a while.

tl;dr again sorry >.<

ToA is a guild that you will learn a lot about the game in. There are players that know what they are talking about and they don't have the 80 or bust attitude that pugs have for the lower level dungeons.
The only reason they are advising a higher level character is due to the nature of the guild at the current time.

Anyway good luck with your application and even if you decide we are not the right fit i hope to see you in game.

Back to top Go down
Paul
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll

PostSubject: Re: New Member Application   New Member Application I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 10:54 am

I don't wanna give a very long winded answer or really restate what other people said too much so from me at this moment /deny because you wouldn't really be able to participate in the guild activities. That doesn't mean you're completely denied so continue to follow through with other questions if still interested.
Back to top Go down
Skittles
Bridge Troll
Bridge Troll
Skittles

PostSubject: Re: New Member Application   New Member Application I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 1:40 pm

/no

nothing personal.
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: New Member Application   New Member Application I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 2:30 pm

Arietta wrote:
4 hours a day on the game should be expecting you to have a level 80 within about 12 days ~ maybe a little more or less. Level 16 is really very low if you've been playing that long for over a week Level 16 for most of use here is a starting level character.

This is his first MMO, so I would expect the process to take longer. It took me a very long time to hit level 20 in GW1, which was my first MMO. Players completely new to the game and genre generally like to do EVERYTHING, and take their time and enjoy it -- instead of grinding out levels.

Everyone moves at their own pace -- it's a game, enjoy it! Razz
Back to top Go down
Uirtus
True Noob
True Noob

PostSubject: Re: New Member Application   New Member Application I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 2:44 pm

Awww schucks... Thanks though guys. I would love to run with a well knit group. Thanks for reviewing my application sorry I didnt meet yalls requirement! Can I re-apply when I reach level 30?
Back to top Go down
Skittles
Bridge Troll
Bridge Troll
Skittles

PostSubject: Re: New Member Application   New Member Application I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 5:52 pm

Uirtus wrote:
Can I re-apply when I reach level 30?

I would say get a level 80 (maybe 70 even) then reapply. You seem like you have the kind of personality that would fit in well its just you're to low of a level to get that opportunity. If you got a level 80 and applied I would change my vote to a yes. But it would all depends on the discretion of the guild leaders at that time.
Back to top Go down
Uirtus
True Noob
True Noob

PostSubject: Re: New Member Application   New Member Application I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 6:46 pm

Not a problem! I fully understand I wouldnt want to join you guys in the dungeons or other events until I am a sufficent level. I was just looking for a guild to join while I am learning an leveling up. Sometimes I have questions about certain things. I just need someone or a group I can ask questions to from time to time. Then maybe when I get to level 80 I could join you guys and girls on the other missions. Please add me as a friend Uritus. Thanks again for the consideration I should be online tonight from 9pm to 3am Eastern! Nice meeting everyone!
Back to top Go down
eVoVe
Admin
eVoVe

PostSubject: Re: New Member Application   New Member Application I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 7:13 pm

get ts and a mic and my vote would be a yes.
Back to top Go down
Uirtus
True Noob
True Noob

PostSubject: Re: New Member Application   New Member Application I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 9:47 pm

I will down load Team speak now and I will also have a mic by this weekend!
Back to top Go down
Uirtus
True Noob
True Noob

PostSubject: Re: New Member Application   New Member Application I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 10:20 pm

I have a couple of questions if someone could add me that would be great!
Back to top Go down
Drake
Bridge Troll
Bridge Troll
Drake

PostSubject: Re: New Member Application   New Member Application I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 8:14 am

Adding my +1. Did the Mad King event a couple times with him this weekend, did good.
Would of been nice to have him on TS with us, but he's been working on his toon, which is good to see and shows some dedication.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Member Application   New Member Application I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Member Application
Page 1 of 1