Tears Of The Ascended
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tearsoftheascended.enjin.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

When Life > MMO: Leaving GW2 Forever

Go down 
+2
Chucks
Raccoon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Raccoon
True Noob
True Noob

When Life > MMO: Leaving GW2 Forever Empty
PostSubject: When Life > MMO: Leaving GW2 Forever   When Life > MMO: Leaving GW2 Forever I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 7:16 pm

I was assigned 3 projects: two are due at the end of October, and one is due at the end of November.  I'll need to get busy and get them done ASAP . . . now!

Unfortunately knowing myself, I'd have to completely uninstall GW2 to prevent myself from logging in (and waste hours on it, haha, love this game too much). 

So . . . yeah, love the game, love you guys, but I'll have to leave.  Two months of absent would put me too far behind to catch up again, seeing that GW2 has far too many daily checklists (all the achievement pts, all the golds, all the laurels, all the guild commendations, not to mention the upcoming changes to builds and current metas, too, etc. and etc.).

-----------

Oh, and if any of you need someone to design your site, Tumblr, or Wordpress, etc., feel free to contact me via email. I'd gladly do it for you free of charge (just tell me your GW2 account name or what I know you by in this guild).  Heck, if [ToA] ever get a proper website and need something like a dungeon checker (to see which one is open and where), I'd gladly code one, too.

Also to Skittles and Kyler, about that video editing thing, I'd still continue to do it. Feel free to send me the videos any time, once you guys got them.

-----------

On another note, anyone knows how much an account like mine would worth if I decide to sell it?

What my account has:

-------

Edit: Ah, snap, I uninstalled but forgot to login and leave the guild + delete friendlist. Please kick me out, if any officer's reading this. My IGN is Digilodger.3186

Last edited by Raccoon on Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:45 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chucks
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll

PostSubject: Re: When Life > MMO: Leaving GW2 Forever   When Life > MMO: Leaving GW2 Forever I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 7:32 pm

Sorry to see ya go. Good Luck in your studies!
Back to top Go down
Mitch
Admin
Mitch

PostSubject: Re: When Life > MMO: Leaving GW2 Forever   When Life > MMO: Leaving GW2 Forever I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 7:37 pm

Sounds like you played too much to just call it quits cold turkey.
Good luck, but I think you should hold onto your account for when you return. You wont feel too out of date. Living story stuff is not that big of a deal and I know people that left for 6 months and came back without a problem.

but if you still don't want the account. i will take those ectos off your hands Smile
Back to top Go down
woo tang clan
Bridge Troll
Bridge Troll

PostSubject: Re: When Life > MMO: Leaving GW2 Forever   When Life > MMO: Leaving GW2 Forever I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 9:50 pm

I don't think I have ever played with you but you should totally hang on to your account.  I've seen far to many people leave ToA in GW1 and sell an account only to come back and regret it.

Also don't feel like because you haven't played in a few months you can't play again or pick it back up.  I've taken several breaks from GW2 for one or two months and come back without feeling completely new.  At the very least GW2 could become a CPU intensive chat program.  Good luck on your studies.

P.S. Don't trust Mitch to hold your Ectos I am far more trust worthy Wink
Back to top Go down
Abyss
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll
Abyss

PostSubject: Re: When Life > MMO: Leaving GW2 Forever   When Life > MMO: Leaving GW2 Forever I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 4:47 am

I quit the game for 3 months once and came back at the tail end of the Flame and Frost living story.  A lot had changed with the game (build metas for example), and it did feel a bit overwhelming being so far out of the loop and not being able to pick up exactly where I left off.  It's also a bit refreshing; the game is much less stale, and there's new stuff that other people had to wait for that you can do immediately.  I can say though, that after spending so much time away from the game it has been much easier to regulate how much I play.  I don't think you'll want to sell your account right away.  If you decide you don't feel like coming back after you're done, that's the time to think about it.  As far as uninstalling goes; definitely do that.
Back to top Go down
Draezha
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll
Draezha

PostSubject: Re: When Life > MMO: Leaving GW2 Forever   When Life > MMO: Leaving GW2 Forever I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 11:50 am

I'm with everyone else. Hold onto your account. I took a couple month break myself and came back, a little out of the loop, but I caught up just fine with the help of people who had still been playing. I'd have to agree with Abyss, wait til you're done before you make a final decision and uninstalling is probably a good idea to keep you from being distracted.

I will miss you Digi! <3

I hope to see you back when you're done with all your work a few months from now (:
If not, good luck with things and don't ever work too hard, it's bad for you!

My estimate on your account worth: $350.00-$500.00 (you have a lot, I'm pretty sure there are people who would pay pretty big for that)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When Life > MMO: Leaving GW2 Forever   When Life > MMO: Leaving GW2 Forever I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When Life > MMO: Leaving GW2 Forever
Page 1 of 1