Tears Of The Ascended
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tearsoftheascended.enjin.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tears of The Ascended [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder

Go down 
+2
Mitch
matti
6 posters
AuthorMessage
matti
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll
matti

Tears of The Ascended [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder Empty
PostSubject: Tears of The Ascended [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder   Tears of The Ascended [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 6:14 pm

Tears of The Ascended [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder Foefirebattlepic_zps15f4c216

General Info:

It's time to put our server to good use and have fun getting to know all the professions better by doing 1v1 mirror matches. This format makes it possible for even the novices to PvP to have an even playing field against the more trained PvPers in the guild. The match is very dependent on how well you understand the weapon skills and utilities you are given for the selected profession. Only having an exact copy of your own build to deal with takes out a lot of the confusion this game has in PvP like the overload of particle effects from all the people on a point. Now you have only 2 people that need to watch positioning, timing and make a choice on offensive or defensive tactics to get the upper hand. This is what PvP should be and this game usually doesn't offer in the larger HotJoin/Tournament formats. So give it a chance and you will be surprised  on how fun it is. Because it would be ranked on a ladder it also comes with some fancy new TS icons and some more rewards for winning a season.

Official rules:

- The 2 players doing a match agree on what profession they will be dueling on, than a third party (officer/leader) will act as a neutral observer and pick one of the many build templates that those 2 players will equip.
- Both players need an EXACT copy of that template, same traits, same gear... same everything. The third party is also there as a backup to double-check all that.

- Duels must take place on our ToA server that will be locked. (password = penishug )
- The fight takes place on the Legacy of the Foefire map on the middle capture point (Graveyard)

Tears of The Ascended [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder Gw789_zpsd508583e

- The duel will be a 'best out of 3' match, whoever wins the most of the 3 points is victorious. (If you go 2-0 it's obviously over already and that last point isn't mandatory).
- A point is awarded for fully killing the other player, not just by putting him in the Downed-state.
- If you run too far from the other player to get out of combat and regen, that will make the other player win that point.
- The duel will be observed by an officer and he will be spectating to check the build and gear before the match, the server will have options set for lock gear and skills once both players hit the 'I am ready' button.
- The officer involved will also be responsible for posting the results on this sticky. The post needs to have the players and score (2-0, 2-1) + the picked profession and build template.
- To initiate a match, agree on a time with a person in your tier and grab an online leader/officer to act as third party, obviously that person can't be one of the 2 people doing the match itself.

-----------------   [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder Spreadsheet Is located HERE  ------------------  

- Tier score reset will happen on sunday night ONE hour before our Guild Mission events.
- You can only challenge each member in your tier ONCE per week.
- Winning gets you 3 points, a loss will get you 1 point for participation and could make the difference in staying in the tier if others don't play the maximum amount of matches per week.
- The top player per tier per week will go up a tier, the bottom player down a tier.
- When players are tied with points at the end of the week, the win/loss ratio for the season will decide who goes up or down a tier. If that ratio is the same, the score of the match between those 2 players will be the decider.
- On the weekly reset there will be Qualifier points that will go to a separate ladder to qualify for the Playoffs. (This way people that are on a lower tier can show their skills against high tier players that have also been on a winning streak)

- Not playing any matches the entire week will result in no Qualifier points and obviously have you ladder down.
- If for any reason, there is one person in your tier that can't play you on a certain week, you will win that match by forfeit.
- Forfeit wins will be awarded depending on availability of those players throughout the week and if they tried to initiate contact with the player still having to face.
- For players that would have a swamped weekend and not have played any matches during weekdays before that, it's preferable to try to get your matches done very early in the week or give an early warning and still try to set a day and time. I'd like it if everyone can have respect for time zones since making a USA/EU league would cut the roster in half and it would just not be that fun. So try to do your best to plan if you see someone in your tier that you usually don't get to play with a lot.

-The ladder will run for 4 weeks, after the Playoffs finish it resets and the board gets randomized again (random.org list option).
-The Playoffs will be a single elimination at the end of each season and will have various rewards. The initial grouping for these Playoffs will also get a scramble.
-More details for the play-offs will be added soon.

The Playoffs:

General Information

- Single elimination

- Matchmaking for the quarterfinals will be drawn randomly on sunday evening after guild missions (27th oct) and will be done via the spreadsheet to make things transparent for everyone.

- When a match between 2 players has been drawn, a random numeric generated equation will select one of the templates provided from the past season.

-Each player has the right to veto that selection ONCE.
After player 1 decides to veto for that profession, the roll will start again without any templates of that said profession. The same rules apply when player 2 decides   to veto the outcome of that last roll: A final roll without the 2 vetoed professions. Be warned, using your veto can backfire on you in case you are not trained with more than the profession you vetoed for, so thing twice on your selection!

- The above rules apply for the quarter- and semifinals.

- The final will have a slight change in rules. Both players can pick 1 template they think they will do good on. After that a 3rd template will be picked via RNG equation out of a list of templates that does NOT include templates from professions that got handpicked earlier.

- Here is the twist: The RNG generated template can NOT be vetoed.
This due to the fact that is is the final heat after all, so the 2 finalists should have had practice or atleast have a better understanding of the range of templates at this point.

Match Schedule:

- The 3 heats have deadlines in order to plan the finals in a prime-time weekend spot.

- The quarterfinal matches must all be completed by daily reset on thursday October 31st / friday November 1st, give or take a few hours.

- The semifinals will be played on friday/saturday. The barrage game for 3rd place can be played on friday/saturday/sunday, just play it before the finals are done please.

- The final will be scheduled on a time that works for both players, most likely somewhere around guild missions. I'd advise the finalists to prepare their 3 templates once they are known, so the 3 duels of 'best out of 3' can transition smoothly.

* During the Playoff week I'll be setting up the spreadsheet for season 2 with the new ladder system (ELO player rating) and replace the current info in the sticky with season 2 rules etc. No need to sign up for this next season since I'll be taking a large selection of the guild roster because It's free to play when and whoever you want to duel. After the season 1 playoff final is done, the new season can start. *

Rewards:

The rewards for the ladder can change every week. The TS-icons are available for all members, including alliance. The rewards for the Playoffs are awarded for the duration of the next season, the grand winner will get a permanent reward.

Gold rewards for the playoffs will be a minimum of:

1st: 35g + perma ts icon
2nd: 25g + temp ts icon
3rd: 15g + temp ts icon
4th-8th: 5g

Tears of The Ascended [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder Captur11

Tears of The Ascended [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder Captur12

Last edited by matti on Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:19 pm; edited 19 times in total
Back to top Go down
matti
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll
matti

PostSubject: Re: Tears of The Ascended [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder   Tears of The Ascended [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 4:07 pm

* they changed the former pvp version of the 'knights' amulet to 'barbarian' but same stats apply.
* added a checklist for who is and is not done with their weekly matches.
* added an overview for the weekly qualifier point tally.
* changed 'thief2' to a backstab variant and added a third build (cloak/sb)

If you have trouble planning a match vs someone in your tier, feel free to post something here to set a date and time. Last resort matches before guild missions can be risky because if you are not online at that time and the other person is when they try to plan the match than, he/she will win the match by forfeit.

added to main post:

Gold rewards for the play-offs will be a minimum of:

1st: 35g + perma ts icon
2nd: 25g + temp ts icon
3rd: 15g + temp ts icon
4th-8th: 5g

Last edited by matti on Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:18 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mitch
Admin
Mitch

PostSubject: Re: Tears of The Ascended [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder   Tears of The Ascended [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 9:23 pm

Bogy vs. Skittles

Bogy Wins 2-1
Ele build
Back to top Go down
matti
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll
matti

PostSubject: Re: Tears of The Ascended [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder   Tears of The Ascended [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 8:42 pm

lisa-bogy
2-0
war3
(jam succesfully slammed)

matti-perf
2-0
war3
(specced by skittles)

lisa-skittles
2-0
mes2

matti-chucks
2-0
thief1
(specced by skittles)

abyss-skittles
2-0
war2

Last edited by matti on Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skittles
Bridge Troll
Bridge Troll
Skittles

PostSubject: Re: Tears of The Ascended [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder   Tears of The Ascended [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 9:30 pm

Bogy-Abyss
2-0
bogy win
guardian 1
Back to top Go down
Abyss
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll
Abyss

PostSubject: Re: Tears of The Ascended [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder   Tears of The Ascended [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 9:44 pm

Matti - Alby - Ele build 6
2-0
Matti won
Back to top Go down
matti
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll
matti

PostSubject: Re: Tears of The Ascended [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder   Tears of The Ascended [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 10:20 pm

Added the Playoff details in the sticky.

* During the Playoff week I'll be setting up the spreadsheet for season 2 with the new ladder system (ELO player rating) and replace the current info in the sticky with season 2 rules etc. No need to sign up for this next season since I'll be taking a large selection of the guild roster because It's free to play when and whoever you want to duel. After the season 1 playoff final is done, the new season can start. *
Back to top Go down
dukesy21
How do you play without Shadow Form?
How do you play without Shadow Form?

PostSubject: Re: Tears of The Ascended [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder   Tears of The Ascended [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 3:01 pm

liz v beef
liz wins
2 -1
Back to top Go down
matti
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll
matti

PostSubject: Re: Tears of The Ascended [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder   Tears of The Ascended [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 3:17 pm

aaron-dukesy
2 - 0
war3

ben-stud
2-1
ele1

ben-liz
2-0
ele1

aaron-kyler
2-0
war2

kyler-dukesy
2-0
mes1

Last edited by matti on Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
zodd the immortal
True Noob
True Noob
zodd the immortal

PostSubject: Re: Tears of The Ascended [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder   Tears of The Ascended [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 4:24 pm

For the past several evenings I've been experiencing fairly terrible lag. Instant cast abilities are on a 1-2 second delay. I'm hoping it's related to the start of the WvW season, and something Anet is doing behind scenes, as I often lag around patch day.

I'll see what's up tomorrow, but if I doubt I'll be able to complete this week's matches.
Back to top Go down
matti
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll
matti

PostSubject: Re: Tears of The Ascended [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder   Tears of The Ascended [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 7:50 pm

that's understandable, try hop on tomorrow evening so you can get at least a match done and i can award you some qp's, don't want to miss out since you are in the top 8 at this point.

Back to top Go down
Mitch
Admin
Mitch

PostSubject: Re: Tears of The Ascended [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder   Tears of The Ascended [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 10:06 pm

Alby vs. Chucks

2-0 Alby wins
Ele Build
Back to top Go down
matti
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll
matti

PostSubject: Re: Tears of The Ascended [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder   Tears of The Ascended [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 2:35 pm

shareef-kyler
2-0
guard 2

shareef-dukesy
2 - 1
mes2

dukesy-mitch
2 - 0
mes2

shareef-mitch
2 - 0
mes2

kyler-mitch
2 - 0
mes2

liz-pete
2-0
war3

ben-pete
2-1
rang1

perf-alby
2-1
war1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tears of The Ascended [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder   Tears of The Ascended [ToA] 1v1 Mirror Match Ladder I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1