Tears Of The Ascended
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tearsoftheascended.enjin.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vylance/Vyceral

Go down 
+7
Benkensven
Albus [HRUU]
Mitch
Mistress Misty
anamatronix
dukesy21
Vylance
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Vylance
True Noob
True Noob

Vylance/Vyceral Empty
PostSubject: Vylance/Vyceral   Vylance/Vyceral I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 3:06 pm

Edited for lack of reading comprehension for question 6 <.<

1.) Please tell us your Account name.####, your age, Global Location/Time Zone

Apocatequil.7156, 27, Sweden (from Australia though) [Central European Time]

2.) Please list the your characters' names, class, and levels.

Vylance - 80 Warrior (100% WC, 400 Weaponsmith, 400 Armoursmith)
Vyceral - 80 Necromancer (400 Artificer)

Several other lowbies from levels 5-65

3.) Tell us about how you play your primary profession(s). How are you geared? what role do you play in a team?

My warrior is primarily DPS for dungeons, Axe/Axe, Axe/Mace or Axe/Mace + Longbow using full Berserker armour (CoE + CoF) Runes + Jewelry are still being worked on. WvW generally mobility/initiation, Sword/Warhorn or Sword/Shield + Longbow (dependent on situation), still working on Power/Vit/Toughness armour for WvWvW.

Necro is mostly undergearred at the moment, 5/6 Exotic armour + exotic weapons, haven't started optimising runes/jewelry yet. Run predominantly condition/well builds for WvW or condition/bleed builds for PvE traits depend on group make up (ie tank or damage focused). I've tried about every build available in sPvP or tPvP so I can play pretty much any role on my necro, although I'm quite out of practice on her, haven't played her as a main since december (when I threw my hands up with the state of tPvP and sPVP).

4.) What server are you currently on? if not on Dragonbrand do you intend on changing?

Dragonbrand

5.) What MMO games have you played in the past? Do you still play them?

LoTRO, predominantly played a captain, which was effectively a higher utility but less tanky/poorer dps version of a guardian.

6.) Please rate each of the following aspects of Guild Wars 2 in order of importance to you. (1=Lowest, 5=Highest)
a. Story/Lore 4
b. Exploration/Cartography 3
c. Extracurricular Activities such as crafting, (power) trading, chatting 2
d. General casual play 5
e. High Level or Challenging areas (most likely with a group, ie: end game content and dungeons) 5
f. PvP or WvWvW 4

1. General casual play >
2. High Level or Challenging areas (most likely with a group, ie: end game content and dungeons) >
3. PvP or WvWvW >
4. Story/Lore >
5. Exploration/Cartography >
6. Extracurricular Activities such as crafting, (power) trading, chatting

7.) Please explain why you would like to join ToA.

I took a long break from the game at the start of the year and have only played sporadically since then. I'm looking for a bigger guild to participate in higher level content (such that there is in GW2) and co-ordinated WvWvW. I ran a lot of the SaB with Dukesy who suggested it was a good guild.

8.) How did you hear about ToA? Do you know anyone in ToA? Please list their name(s).

Dukesy, Anamatronix

9.) Do you have Teamspeak and a headset with microphone?

Yes, although I generally don't talk a lot, I'll always listen if things are going on.

10.) How often do you play Guild Wars 2? Hours per day? Days per week?

Hard to tell at the moment, varies quite a low, probably 2-3 hours a day, but.... could be much more or less

11.) Did you play Guild Wars 1? (If Yes, please tell us your character names and what guilds you were in.)

No

12.) Please tell us what is most important to you in a guild. Be specific.

Friendly atmosphere, organisation, people who try to be the best they can be. Basically a guild that allows you to get the most out of what GW2 has to offer.

13.) Any additional comments you would like to add.

Not really, thanks for reading the relatively large wall of text.

Last edited by Vylance on Tue May 28, 2013 9:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
dukesy21
How do you play without Shadow Form?

Vylance/Vyceral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vylance/Vyceral   Vylance/Vyceral I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 3:18 pm

i have done lots of runs vylance gd player,willing to listen and share views on how to do things,think he`d be gd addition to toa big +1 from me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
anamatronix
True Noob
True Noob
anamatronix

Vylance/Vyceral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vylance/Vyceral   Vylance/Vyceral I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 3:21 pm

+1 from me as well, he's pretty great player!

Although I may be slightly biased (he gave me diamonds)...
Back to top Go down
Mistress Misty
Bridge Troll
Bridge Troll

Vylance/Vyceral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vylance/Vyceral   Vylance/Vyceral I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 3:38 pm

Why is question 13 not in blue? )=
Back to top Go down
Vylance
True Noob
True Noob

Vylance/Vyceral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vylance/Vyceral   Vylance/Vyceral I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 3:54 pm

Mistress Misty wrote:
Why is question 13 not in blue? )=

Just to see if people were actually reading the wall of text <.<

[aka, I'm bad at HTML formatting]
Back to top Go down
Mitch
Admin
Mitch

Vylance/Vyceral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vylance/Vyceral   Vylance/Vyceral I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 4:26 pm

Question 6 continues to be answered incorrectly time and time again...but whatever. Razz

good vouches, I want to see an official trial done though.
Back to top Go down
dukesy21

Vylance/Vyceral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vylance/Vyceral   Vylance/Vyceral I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 6:01 pm

invited 27/5/13 trial
Back to top Go down
dukesy21

Vylance/Vyceral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vylance/Vyceral   Vylance/Vyceral I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 6:03 pm

did 2 paths of coe went well even tho i failed with line of warding Sad
Back to top Go down
Albus [HRUU]
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll
Albus [HRUU]

Vylance/Vyceral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vylance/Vyceral   Vylance/Vyceral I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 6:03 pm

+1
Back to top Go down
Mitch
Admin
Mitch

Vylance/Vyceral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vylance/Vyceral   Vylance/Vyceral I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 7:03 pm

I was on the trial runs as well. I asked dukesy to go ahead and send the invite for probation status.
Back to top Go down
Benkensven
True Noob
True Noob

Vylance/Vyceral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vylance/Vyceral   Vylance/Vyceral I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 10:01 pm

yay for more fake swedes xD

tho i would suggest getting a gs for your war for the axe/mace+ gs super dps.
Back to top Go down
Vylance
True Noob
True Noob

Vylance/Vyceral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vylance/Vyceral   Vylance/Vyceral I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 9:18 am

Benkensven wrote:
yay for more fake swedes xD

tho i would suggest getting a gs for your war for the axe/mace+ gs super dps.

Hej! Unfortunately thats about the extent of my Swedish <.< and Okej! (and Tack of course)

I've tried Axe/Mace + GS and I just can't stand the root on 100 blades, or having to be against a wall to get the max DPS out of it. I use the Axe/Axe switch-in to get a big adrenaline boost for eviscerate (basically able to spam eviscerate every time it's up), to keep fury up (when i'm slow on the ult signet) and for AoE effect of spinning in a combo field (not to mention the massive on crit heals from the omnomberry bars in large mob pulls).

You're probably right that GS + Axe/Mace is better dps overall, but I think they're quite comparable [especially since I like running around like an idiot during fights <.<].
Back to top Go down
Vylance
True Noob
True Noob

Vylance/Vyceral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vylance/Vyceral   Vylance/Vyceral I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 9:23 am

dukesy21 wrote:
did 2 paths of coe went well even tho i failed with line of warding Sad

Thanks for the probational invite Smile

And by this you mean the nub warrior sat there in the spinning zombie of death....

But yahs were fun runs, sorry I was terrible with positioning, haven't done a lot in a few months Sad
Back to top Go down
Vylance
True Noob
True Noob

Vylance/Vyceral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vylance/Vyceral   Vylance/Vyceral I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 4:04 am

Did some CoE runs, fractals and WvWvW with people the last couple of days.

Fractals were reasonably terrible due to everyone being on alts, and me just being plain terrible in one case (you ARE meant to run over eggs right ./facepalm). I need to work on getting a power/vit/toughness set for more individual survivablilty for different group make ups next (once I finish gearing the necro this is next on the agenda)

CoE/WvWvW went well and were loads of fun.

I can't remember the name of everyone who was on the runs (so sorry if I forget people)

CoE - Dukesy, Shiva, Ben, Anamatronix
Fractals - Mist, Sophie, Kronos, Anamatronix
Back to top Go down
Sophieface
True Noob
True Noob

Vylance/Vyceral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vylance/Vyceral   Vylance/Vyceral I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 6:12 am

You were fine in fractals - everyone runs through the spider eggs at least once Razz
Back to top Go down
Benkensven
True Noob
True Noob

Vylance/Vyceral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vylance/Vyceral   Vylance/Vyceral I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 10:03 pm

pvt gear makes quaggan's sad
Back to top Go down
Perf
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll
Perf

Vylance/Vyceral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vylance/Vyceral   Vylance/Vyceral I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 9:53 am

did a coe run with him yesterday. was friendly and communicative. picks up dodge rolling well
Back to top Go down
Masmar
Bridge Troll
Bridge Troll

Vylance/Vyceral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vylance/Vyceral   Vylance/Vyceral I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 11:43 am

Perf wrote:
did a coe run with him yesterday. was friendly and communicative. picks up dodge rolling well

Can't be hard to pick it up faster than you and Matti
Back to top Go down
Darn
True Noob
True Noob
Darn

Vylance/Vyceral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vylance/Vyceral   Vylance/Vyceral I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 6:59 pm

Did a CoE run with him a couple days ago. Very friendly and works well with his teammates. Smile
Back to top Go down
Vylance
True Noob
True Noob

Vylance/Vyceral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vylance/Vyceral   Vylance/Vyceral I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 4:00 am

Went through some more CoE runs (seems to be the FoTM dungeon for the time when I'm on ^^) and the guild missions last night.

Did I mention I hate invisible Karkas?

Hopefully I'll have my engineer up and relatively geared this week so I can add some more variety (rather than the zerker warrior/sad necro) to Fractal/dungeon WvW runs.
Back to top Go down
Vylance
True Noob
True Noob

Vylance/Vyceral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vylance/Vyceral   Vylance/Vyceral I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 3:19 pm

Did some more CoE runs during the week that seemed to go fine.

Tried to do Arah but my internet connection decided that it wasn't appropriate for me, so sorry to the people I had to bail on.
Back to top Go down
dukesy21

Vylance/Vyceral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vylance/Vyceral   Vylance/Vyceral I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 6:55 pm

promted to member Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vylance/Vyceral Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vylance/Vyceral   Vylance/Vyceral I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vylance/Vyceral
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tears Of The Ascended :: Application Archive-
Jump to: