Tears Of The Ascended
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tearsoftheascended.enjin.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WvW borderland defense

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Frosty
Needs To Get Off The Forum
Frosty

WvW borderland defense Empty
PostSubject: WvW borderland defense   WvW borderland defense I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 12:38 am

This is a really great video for WvW borderland defensive siege setups. It doesn't cover everything, but it's a good place to start.

Back to top Go down
rhokk
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll
rhokk

PostSubject: Re: WvW borderland defense   WvW borderland defense I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 11:28 am

Thanks for the video! It was very helpful!
Back to top Go down
Benkensven
True Noob
True Noob

PostSubject: Re: WvW borderland defense   WvW borderland defense I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 5:45 pm

While the video was pretty good, i thought it was worth to add a map of defensive siege for Defense and its mainly aimed at Defense in your Home Borderland. The placements are as accurate as i could make them to make the siege useful to the max, however it is not a perfect placement and should be varied to how the enemy attacks and so on.

The Map should give full cover to all 3 keeps and the 2 northern towers and as long as its manned it will be very unlikly anyhting but golem rushes can take these towers, or huge zergs ^_^
In total theres about 80-85 pieces of siege placed on this map whihc leaves 15 pieces of siege (except rams and golems, they have their own limit) to be used wherever you might see fitting Smile

WvWvW Siege placements

Credit to DoP for teaching me the art of siege placement

There's also a more extensive which includes a lot of "killzones" for when the enemy breaches your outer keep walls and other fun stuff,however it is very cluttered, which i could post if there is intreset
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: WvW borderland defense   WvW borderland defense I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 5:55 pm

Hmm, interesting indeed. Are the ranges on the siege updated to their current range on these maps? Ballista and AC range were changed with the last major update.
Back to top Go down
Benkensven
True Noob
True Noob

PostSubject: Re: WvW borderland defense   WvW borderland defense I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 6:15 pm

Which patch are you refering to the 28th of january one? if so im not sure, and i believe the range on ac and listas is the same as in the tooltip on the blueprints ie 2.5k and 3k
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: WvW borderland defense   WvW borderland defense I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 4:41 pm

A question about that map. . .what does the treb in the middle of garrison do?
Back to top Go down
Benkensven
True Noob
True Noob

PostSubject: Re: WvW borderland defense   WvW borderland defense I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 7:55 pm

its placed on the 3rd floor, ie above the keep lord and if placed right it can hit most if not all enemy siege inside the outer walls and also catas that outside the NW outer wall that sometimes used to siege the west inner gate.

I'm not 100% exactly where its supposed to be placed since i rarely use trebs (Superior arrow carts for life)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WvW borderland defense   WvW borderland defense I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WvW borderland defense
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tears Of The Ascended :: WvW-
Jump to: