Share | 

[ToA] 1v1 Ladder Season 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
matti
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll

PostSubject: [ToA] 1v1 Ladder Season 1    Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:34 pm

The final roster is up and matches for season 1 can start today. I'll keep the ladder updated frequently and if there are any unanswered questions, feel free to contact me or leave a reply in this post.
Please refrain from posting in the sticky since only match results can be posted there by officers and will get a weekly clean on reset.

To initiate a match, agree on a time with a person in your tier and grab an online leader/officer to act as third party, obviously that person can't be one of the 2 people doing the match itself.

Saturday is usually a free day for me so that is a good time to catch up on your weekly matches in case you did not get a lot of chances during weekdays to get a third party involved.

GL and HF everyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mitch
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [ToA] 1v1 Ladder Season 1    Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:23 pm

sorry, posted that in the wrong spot the first time.

Will ALL match results be posted on the sticky? I see bogy's second match was not posted
I would like to see who won and what exact builds they used for their wins.

Must the same template/build be used for all 3 matches in a round? For example, some players may be very good at warrior while others are not, which would put the odds greatly in their favor if a warrior build is selected. If you can switch templates within the same match it might be easier to balance the scales.

For example: I have no desire to face bogy with a warrior template, the odds simply favor him. At the same time I am sure he would not want to challenge my Mesmer.
I would however be more than happy to fight him with a warrior build and then turn around and fight him with a mesmer build..if the results was 1-1 at that point we could do the third match with something like an engineer or necro that neither of us is very familiar with.

Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll

PostSubject: Re: [ToA] 1v1 Ladder Season 1    Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:04 pm

all matches should be posted on the sticky like this:

matti wrote:
Pete-Dukesy - 2-0 - Mesmer template 2
and yes, that idea has come up, for now during the normal ladder, I'd stick to a simple agreement between the 2 players on what profession, we all kind of know what we and the other player usually roll so we can be fair about it.

The 3-profession-reroll thing is something that would be good in the play-offs, let's say semi's or finals for sure, since there it has a bigger impact because it's single elimination.
It can always be reviewed after season 1 if we should implement it in the normal ladder.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [ToA] 1v1 Ladder Season 1    

Back to top Go down

[ToA] 1v1 Ladder Season 1
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1