Tears Of The Ascended
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tearsoftheascended.enjin.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[ToA] 1v1 Ladder Season 1

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
matti
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll
matti

[ToA] 1v1 Ladder Season 1  Empty
PostSubject: [ToA] 1v1 Ladder Season 1    [ToA] 1v1 Ladder Season 1  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 7:34 pm

The final roster is up and matches for season 1 can start today. I'll keep the ladder updated frequently and if there are any unanswered questions, feel free to contact me or leave a reply in this post.
Please refrain from posting in the sticky since only match results can be posted there by officers and will get a weekly clean on reset.

To initiate a match, agree on a time with a person in your tier and grab an online leader/officer to act as third party, obviously that person can't be one of the 2 people doing the match itself.

Saturday is usually a free day for me so that is a good time to catch up on your weekly matches in case you did not get a lot of chances during weekdays to get a third party involved.

GL and HF everyone!
Back to top Go down
Mitch
Admin
Mitch

PostSubject: Re: [ToA] 1v1 Ladder Season 1    [ToA] 1v1 Ladder Season 1  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 4:23 pm

sorry, posted that in the wrong spot the first time.

Will ALL match results be posted on the sticky? I see bogy's second match was not posted
I would like to see who won and what exact builds they used for their wins.

Must the same template/build be used for all 3 matches in a round? For example, some players may be very good at warrior while others are not, which would put the odds greatly in their favor if a warrior build is selected. If you can switch templates within the same match it might be easier to balance the scales.

For example: I have no desire to face bogy with a warrior template, the odds simply favor him. At the same time I am sure he would not want to challenge my Mesmer.
I would however be more than happy to fight him with a warrior build and then turn around and fight him with a mesmer build..if the results was 1-1 at that point we could do the third match with something like an engineer or necro that neither of us is very familiar with.
Back to top Go down
matti
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll
matti

PostSubject: Re: [ToA] 1v1 Ladder Season 1    [ToA] 1v1 Ladder Season 1  I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 6:04 pm

all matches should be posted on the sticky like this:

matti wrote:
Pete-Dukesy - 2-0 - Mesmer template 2
and yes, that idea has come up, for now during the normal ladder, I'd stick to a simple agreement between the 2 players on what profession, we all kind of know what we and the other player usually roll so we can be fair about it.

The 3-profession-reroll thing is something that would be good in the play-offs, let's say semi's or finals for sure, since there it has a bigger impact because it's single elimination.
It can always be reviewed after season 1 if we should implement it in the normal ladder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [ToA] 1v1 Ladder Season 1    [ToA] 1v1 Ladder Season 1  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[ToA] 1v1 Ladder Season 1
Page 1 of 1