Tears Of The Ascended
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tearsoftheascended.enjin.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Application for Alice of the Twist

Go down 
+5
Mitch
Draezha
Chucks
CosmicSyzygy
AOTT
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AOTT
How do you play without Shadow Form?
AOTT

Application for Alice of the Twist Empty
PostSubject: Application for Alice of the Twist   Application for Alice of the Twist I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 6:15 pm

1.) Please tell us your Account name.####, your age, Global Location/Time Zone
aliceofthetwist.1230

2.) Please list the your characters' names, class, and levels.
80: Alice of the Twist (N), Twisted Explosion (Me), Finding Control (G), Werejack (W), Pink and Blurry (T)

3.) Tell us about how you play your primary profession(s). How are you geared? what role do you play in a team?
Necromancer and guardian run primarily tank builds, can flip to rampager-type damage.
All others generally glass cannon.

4.) What server are you currently on? if not on Dragonbrand do you intend on changing?
Sorrow's Furnace (Liz says she'll pay for the switch because she is a beautiful leprechaun riding a unicorn)

5.) What MMO games have you played in the past? Do you still play them?
D2, D3, GW1, GW2, Torchlight, Torchlight II
Only on rare occasion do I play other games.

6.) Please rate each of the following aspects of Guild Wars 2 in order of importance to you. (1=Lowest, 5=Highest)
a. Story/Lore 1
b. Exploration/Cartography 3
c. Extracurricular Activities such as crafting, (power) trading, chatting 3
d. General casual play 4
e. High Level or Challenging areas (most likely with a group, ie: end game content and dungeons) 5
f. PvP or WvWvW 1

7.) Please explain why you would like to join ToA.
Because all my friends are here now.

8.) How did you hear about ToA? Do you know anyone in ToA? Please list their name(s).
I used to be in the guilds preceding TOA, [derp] and I forget what the other one was.  I was an officer, I think.

9.) Do you have Teamspeak and a headset with microphone?
Yes

10.) How often do you play Guild Wars 2? Hours per day? Days per week?
More than I should because I'm working on a second degree and working in a research lab.  Sporadically.

11.) Did you play Guild Wars 1? (If Yes, please tell us your character names and what guilds you were in.)
Yes

12.) Please tell us what is most important to you in a guild. Be specific.
Activity, dungeon groups.
It would be nice to actually complete bounties for guild commendations, etc.

13.) Any additional comments you would like to add.
flocculation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fomj.net/
CosmicSyzygy
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll
CosmicSyzygy

PostSubject: Re: Application for Alice of the Twist   Application for Alice of the Twist I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 6:22 pm

Hello AotT!

+1 for trial

we were in (derp) and (VeX) yeeeeeears ago. AotT was always a dependable & flexible player; plus he was very sociable. i think he would fit nicely here Laughing
Back to top Go down
Chucks
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll

PostSubject: Re: Application for Alice of the Twist   Application for Alice of the Twist I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 7:56 pm

undefined wrote:
10.) How often do you play Guild Wars 2? Hours per day? Days per week?
More than I should because I'm working on a second degree and working in a research lab.  Sporadically.

I +1 this because of this fact.

And the app looks pretty good too. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Draezha
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll
Draezha

PostSubject: Re: Application for Alice of the Twist   Application for Alice of the Twist I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 8:11 pm

He's got me lucky charms!!

+1 from me, cause I love this psychopath.
Back to top Go down
Mitch
Admin
Mitch

PostSubject: Re: Application for Alice of the Twist   Application for Alice of the Twist I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 8:14 pm

Aott is an old friend and most likely would have joined Warlords with me at the start of GW2 if he wasn't forming his own guild. I am happy to see him and the other solid players from FOMJ come to ToA.
Aott is a versatile and social person that will fit well here I think. I promoted him to officer in both [derp] and [Vex] back in GW1.
Back to top Go down
Mitch
Admin
Mitch

PostSubject: Re: Application for Alice of the Twist   Application for Alice of the Twist I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 10:27 pm

invited after some trial runs in CoE tonight.
Back to top Go down
Benkensven
True Noob
True Noob

PostSubject: Re: Application for Alice of the Twist   Application for Alice of the Twist I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 4:43 am

And hopefully without being to annoying.. Gears and traits on guard and necro please ^_^
Back to top Go down
Mistress Misty
Bridge Troll
Bridge Troll

PostSubject: Re: Application for Alice of the Twist   Application for Alice of the Twist I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 7:23 am

Your reputation precedes you. +1
Back to top Go down
AOTT
AOTT

PostSubject: Re: Application for Alice of the Twist   Application for Alice of the Twist I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 12:14 pm

Ben:

Necromancer runs 191% MF and rarely changes.  Traits 0/0/30/20/20.  I use all minions.  Carries 4 sets of exotic armor: Berserker (rubies), Rampager (with Nightmare runes), Cleric (Dwayna runes?  I forget.), Balthazar temple set (balthazar runes).
Weapons are all MF, Staff/Dagger/Warhorn.  I also have a cleric staff and I think a dagger/warhorn set from COF, but I forget if it's zerk or rampager.
I have rampager equivalent ascended infused rings and exotic sapphire jewelry I can switch out for at will.  I do not have an alternate backpiece (magic find fractal capacitor ascended).
Necromancer has Commander as well.  
I consider this my best character and hold the irrational belief that my MF% is doing something completely different to make this character awesome (which is why it's virtually impossible to convince me to change equipment even though I carry it all around with me.)

Guard uses 0/0/20/20/30 (I think) and exotic Rampager armor with Boon Duration setup (runes of the Monk, Runes of Dwayna for a total of 60% boon duration with traits.)  Now that I think of it I have no idea what kind of accessories I use.  Weapons are exotic Rampager type.  The DPS obviously all comes from the armor and weapons, but it balances out quite nicely.  I feel like it does what a guardian ought to be doing.  Carries greatsword, staff, hammer, scepter, focus, warhorn.  
Probably needs to grab a sword, mace, shield, torch, but I need more tokens.  Kind of a ridiculous arsenal already.
Back to top Go down
Mistress Misty
Bridge Troll
Bridge Troll

PostSubject: Re: Application for Alice of the Twist   Application for Alice of the Twist I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 2:32 pm

warhorn on a guardian?
Back to top Go down
AOTT
AOTT

PostSubject: Re: Application for Alice of the Twist   Application for Alice of the Twist I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 2:50 pm

It was a random exotic I picked up.  I carry it around.  Who cares if it can't actually use it, right?
Back to top Go down
Draezha
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll
Draezha

PostSubject: Re: Application for Alice of the Twist   Application for Alice of the Twist I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 2:58 pm

You must understand 90% of what he does, makes no sense. You just learn not to question it, because you get the results you want when they are needed ;P
Back to top Go down
AOTT
AOTT

PostSubject: Re: Application for Alice of the Twist   Application for Alice of the Twist I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 3:18 pm

Well, honestly, I'm only really comfortable playing my Necromancer, Mesmer, Guardian, and tentatively, Theif.  They're modded out in ways that work.

Mesmer is reflection spec, by the way.  It's beautiful.  It's my favorite for "professional" runs.

Thief is not my favorite, but I have learned how to play it well.  I need a shortbow.  Currently uses dual dagger, dual pistols.  I prefer stealth style play or summoning loads of thieves.  I've tried venoms, but I would need to respec to make them more effective.  I do not know how to do the massive single-target burst that I see occasionally from other thieves.

Warrior has yet to be modded out with accessories and proper weapons.  It's amazing I can do as well as I do with it at all, since I'm not used to it.  Needs all new weapons (GS, hammer, dual axes, swords, shield, rifle, etc etc. 20 slot bags...)  Needs tweaking.  Needs...  like 2000 COF tokens.

Elementalist is currently 75 using greens and will not be viable until I figure out a decent build for it and have proper equipment.  I'm thinking a rampager and cleric set.  If I'm left to my own devices, I can have it 80 and geared out with one set in an unreasonably short period of time.  Will require another 2000 COF tokens or something.  Ranger is 40, Engineer is ..what, 15?

Arbitrary numbers.
Back to top Go down
Draezha
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll
Draezha

PostSubject: Re: Application for Alice of the Twist   Application for Alice of the Twist I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 4:58 pm

I was talking with Skittles and Marz earlier about Ele builds, there's a REALLY nice conjure build that puts out a lot of damage and gives you a good amount of protection using the lightning hammer and blind spam, 100% zerker gear.

As far as thief goes, you should try out Dagger/Pistol or Sword/Pistol. The Black Powder skill for pistol offhand gives an unreal amount of defense and lets you blind tank bosses. I'll probably run on my thief sword/pistol, dagger/dagger, and dagger/pistol with dual pistol offset and shortbow swap out on hand. It's really nice with the pistol offhand though to have the extra utility. I have a pretty strong PvE thief build that I've heard a lot of good things about for single target damage using zerks.
Back to top Go down
AOTT
AOTT

PostSubject: Re: Application for Alice of the Twist   Application for Alice of the Twist I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 2:21 am

Elementalist hit 80 today, but has no equipment and will not be viable for a while.  Suggestions?  I was thinking a Rampager/Boon set similar to my Guardian, but heard the words Berserker a few times in TS.  Insight would be helpful since ele has actually been rougher to level than thief for me.
Back to top Go down
Mistress Misty
Bridge Troll
Bridge Troll

PostSubject: Re: Application for Alice of the Twist   Application for Alice of the Twist I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 5:41 am

definitely definitely definitely go for the full berserker setup - it's basically the ultimate glass cannon, and the update tomorrow will leave it viable; in fact, the warrior nerf should make this even more valuable for high DPS teams
Back to top Go down
matti
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll
matti

PostSubject: Re: Application for Alice of the Twist   Application for Alice of the Twist I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 8:14 am

I can help you out with condition and berserker builds for your necro that I've had lot's of fun with that are a bit more friendly for group synergy, minions and magic find can be fun for certain situations but are less than ideal for dungeons or fractals.
Back to top Go down
Benkensven
True Noob
True Noob

PostSubject: Re: Application for Alice of the Twist   Application for Alice of the Twist I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 8:46 am

^ what matti said x10000000. Magic find is selfish, and is probably a level below the frenzymendinghealsig wars from gw1...
and Berserker is the way to go for all professions no exceptions Razz
Back to top Go down
Mitch
Admin
Mitch

PostSubject: Re: Application for Alice of the Twist   Application for Alice of the Twist I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 10:56 am

I heard about a rocky Fractals run last night. Lets work together to get some synergy in the team. Aott please don't be offended by what Ben said though.

For future reference though, this guild as a whole does work to compete at a high level of synergy and coordination with builds and trait setup, as such we expect players to only run magic find when solo farming in the open world or on "easy" dungeon paths. Typically on dungeons the only magic find we want to see is omnom bars and in fractals we don't want to see any MF gear or consumables.

Remember that MF gears does NOT affect chest loot, only drops from mobs.

I would be happy to assist but I feel that matti is probably the nest necro we have in our guild so I would seek guidance from him.
Back to top Go down
AOTT
AOTT

PostSubject: Re: Application for Alice of the Twist   Application for Alice of the Twist I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 2:51 pm

Allright, I won't use the MF gear when running with ToA.  I figured the fractal level was low enough for it not to be an issue, but I suppose I was incorrect.

I do have Berserker gear for the necromancer, but I think the Rampager set with Nightmare runes is superior (~170 damage a tick from conditions).  If you'd like me to do something specific with the necromancer, post it here, otherwise I'll just be flipping it to something like 30/30/0/0/10 and loading wells.
Back to top Go down
AOTT
AOTT

PostSubject: Re: Application for Alice of the Twist   Application for Alice of the Twist I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 3:12 pm

Screenshot of new specs:

Traits:  
Blood VI, VII, XII
Curses III VI IX
Soul Reaping VI

Remaining magic find comes from the Karka Shell and the fractal capacitor.  I don't have 1300 tokens on hand.
Attachments
Application for Alice of the Twist Attachmentgw020.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(623 Kb) Downloaded 7 times
Back to top Go down
AOTT
AOTT

PostSubject: Re: Application for Alice of the Twist   Application for Alice of the Twist I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 7:31 pm

I would like to know what people want me to run on my Guardian so I can use it on runs.  Right now it works for me, but I suspect it works for me in the same way that my necromancer did.

The more characters I have that are acceptable for ToA runs, the more I can rotate for more tokens and therefore profit.  So, tell me what I need to get, and I'll get it.
Back to top Go down
eVoVe
Admin
eVoVe

PostSubject: Re: Application for Alice of the Twist   Application for Alice of the Twist I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 7:36 pm

May want to wait until the update tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Mitch
Admin
Mitch

PostSubject: Re: Application for Alice of the Twist   Application for Alice of the Twist I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 9:03 pm

Please remember that no one is forcing you to run anything...everyone is free to experiment with builds and we encourage that. Some rare cases require specific builds or skills but you will be notified of those before hand.
Magic find is a separate "class" though and does not help with team strategy for the most part which is why we ask people to run something other than that during organized guild runs. If damage is light or support is lacking we can usually tell where the source is and can address it. None of my officers should belittle anyone for running less than optimal builds but they should give you pointers for builds that give more synergy. 
As always if anything concerns you then feel free to chat with evo or myself and I will do what I can to address it.
Back to top Go down
AOTT
AOTT

PostSubject: Re: Application for Alice of the Twist   Application for Alice of the Twist I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 2:11 pm

I figured I should post some of the runs I've been doing.
I did CoE several times when I first joined...  the first time I used my warrior, but the other two times I recall I used my mesmer and those went quite well.  I learned the right way to blink to the golem with the turrets so prevent it from triggering, I'd been trying to teleport directly on top of it when I only had to get within the turret circle.

There was that horrid FOTM run (I apologize, really.)
I did subsequent FOTM runs at 38, 24, and I think another 24 with people such as Marz, Dan Daze, and Mist Y, which went well considering we had a few PUG's.  (We did end up replacing someone almost every run, however.)

I'm not sure anyone came with me on my COF runs recently.  I do a lot of those.

At the time of this post I'm doing CoE with Mist Y, Chucks, and mini mark... EDIT:  the patch went through and we did the Aetherblade dungeon.

Today I did several CoE runs with Perf, Darn, Mist Y, Dan Daze, Skittles, Liz, Marz, and Convergd using my mesmer and warrior.
I also did a FOTM28 with Mitch, Evo, Skittles, and Abyss.

Fill in some gaps if I've forgotten anything, I've had unexpected free time, so I've been busy.

Last edited by AOTT on Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application for Alice of the Twist   Application for Alice of the Twist I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application for Alice of the Twist
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next