Tears Of The Ascended
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tearsoftheascended.enjin.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mike's App

Go down 
+11
Mesmerizing lemon
Broken Arietta
eVoVe
Paul
Turc
Rider
Albus [HRUU]
Frosty
Benkensven
Manic
paranon [Shh]
15 posters
AuthorMessage
paranon [Shh]
True Noob
True Noob

Mike's App Empty
PostSubject: Mike's App   Mike's App I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 3:02 pm

Hey guys Smile

1.) Please tell us your Account name.####, your age, Global Location/Time Zone
Paranon.6835, 17, England/GMT

2.) Please list the your characters' names, class, and levels.
Divine Paranon - Sylvari Guardian - 80
Foetal Paranon - ?? - 0 (Making the 2nd character this weekend, should be 80 by late next week.)

3.) Tell us about how you play your primary profession(s). How are you geared? what role do you play in a team?
Playing the Guardian as mainly a support class, with boon duration and healing gear.

4.) What server are you currently on? if not on Dragonbrand do you intend on changing?
DragonBrand

5.) What MMO games have you played in the past? Do you still play them?
Guild wars

6.) Please rate each of the following aspects of Guild Wars 2 in order of importance to you. (1=Lowest, 5=Highest)
a. Story/Lore 1
b. Exploration/Cartography 1
c. Extracurricular Activities such as crafting, (power) trading, chatting 3
d. General casual play 3
e. High Level or Challenging areas (most likely with a group, ie: end game content and dungeons) 5
f. PvP or WvWvW 2

7.) Please explain why you would like to join ToA.
A lot of people who I played with from GW are here, and everyone I've met since I've been on ts with you guys has been awesome.

8.) How did you hear about ToA? Do you know anyone in ToA? Please list their name(s).
Manic, Becca, Stina, and a few others Smile

9.) Do you have Teamspeak and a headset with microphone?
Yes

10.) How often do you play Guild Wars 2? Hours per day? Days per week?
I only recently started playing it properly, planning on 3-4-5 hours a day 5-6 days a week over the next few months.

11.) Did you play Guild Wars 1? (If Yes, please tell us your character names and what guilds you were in.)
Divine Paranon, Paranon the Sinful, Paranon Tynuviel, Imba Paranon, etc,
Mainly did records with Zraw (fow 7min, deep 6min, urgoz 5min), but also a lot of casual runs with manic, becca and stina (mes spike fow woop woop)

12.) Please tell us what is most important to you in a guild. Be specific.
Being able to quickly form good quality runs with people who make you laugh and don't take it too seriously.

13.) Any additional comments you would like to add.
I don't expect an immediate invite off this, It's going to take me a week or two to get my second character up to speed, just putting this here to let you guys know that I'm working on it and plan to try and join when I fulfill the requirements Smile. I'll keep this updated as I get my second character up.
Back to top Go down
Manic
True Noob
True Noob

Mike's App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike's App   Mike's App I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 3:32 pm

A fantastic addition to any guild. Intelligently discusses ideas and strategies, and a strong presence on Team Speak and runs.
Back to top Go down
Benkensven
True Noob
True Noob

Mike's App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike's App   Mike's App I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 4:09 pm

+1 great player
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Needs To Get Off The Forum
Frosty

Mike's App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike's App   Mike's App I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 5:05 pm

Um, am I allowed to fangirl squee on applications?

+1
Back to top Go down
Albus [HRUU]
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll
Albus [HRUU]

Mike's App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike's App   Mike's App I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 6:28 pm

-1 this guy has a serious problem with being condescending and vain (see any of his guru mod posts)

why do we keep accepting these troll ex-zraf people...

edit: also doesn't meet min req

Last edited by Albus [HRUU] on Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rider
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll
Rider

Mike's App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike's App   Mike's App I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 6:47 pm

At this point I have to give a -1 for two reasons.

1) Does not yet meet the requirements of our guild (one lvl 80). I'm sure you plan on making another. Re-app in a week if that's how long it takes.

2) His one lvl 80 is a Guardian running healing stats. This catches my eye because, as it stands, his one lvl 80 is running an underpowered build (healing stats do not scale well on a guardian) and he has nothing else to bring to the table character wise.

Both these things are very fixable. I'd just love to see them fixed before I really consider putting my +1 on this application.
Back to top Go down
Turc
True Noob
True Noob

Mike's App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike's App   Mike's App I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 7:49 pm

+1, joined on several runs with us. Ts active. Hes pretty New to the game i guess so its normal that he hasnt found his final guardian setup yet
Back to top Go down
Paul
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll

Mike's App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike's App   Mike's App I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 2:33 am

Not to shoot any holes in Manic's input but if you really are someone "Intelligently discusses ideas and strategies" and are also a new player as Turc says then there are some conflicts from these recommendations in either that you aren't really a new player or these are based off of Paranon the GW1 player. In either case you should take the time to make the new character at least so you can learn the game more if you are new to the game or expand your character pool and knowledge to more meta builds, more knowledge of mechanics and areas etc.

Also if there are truly past personality problems you should at least meet the minimum reqs before everyone in the guild gets to experience how you are now so I wouldn't say it's just because you are new either. I don't really think that is anything particularly demanding and it shows good faith and interest in being a part of the guild.

I see he does say in his additional comments that he does have plans to work on another character and doesn't expect an immediate invite and I respect that at least.
Back to top Go down
eVoVe
Admin
eVoVe

Mike's App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike's App   Mike's App I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 11:52 am

/trial once min reqs are met.
Back to top Go down
Broken Arietta

Broken Arietta

Mike's App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike's App   Mike's App I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 3:34 pm

Deleted his only char to move servers so he could play with us.

huge +1 to Mike<3

Rider wrote:

2) His one lvl 80 is a Guardian running healing stats. This catches my eye because, as it stands, his one lvl 80 is running an underpowered build (healing stats do not scale well on a guardian) and he has nothing else to bring to the table character wise.

Healing Tanky build on Guardian is perfect for if he was doing high level fracts. I'd personally not consider this an issue and call it underpowered.
Back to top Go down
Rider
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll
Rider

Mike's App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike's App   Mike's App I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 7:17 pm

Broken Arietta wrote:
Healing Tanky build on Guardian is perfect for if he was doing high level fracts.

IF being the key word here...and even then it's debatable (A debate not fit for this thread). But seeing as how you're looking at the exception (the exception being a hypothetical high lvl fractal)...an exception I'd be willing to bet isn't the case here considering he's new to gw2...I stand by my previous statement.
Back to top Go down
Manic
True Noob
True Noob

Mike's App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike's App   Mike's App I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 7:33 pm

Whilst Mike doesn't currently meet the requirements yet I suggested that it may be worth putting in his app now. So officers/leaders were aware of his plans to join and would be able to view him in the context of a future applicant should they interact with him before he applies and give you guys more to work with on who Mike is as an applicant.

In reference to his choice of play style a number of us were discussing choices and it was suggested that a healing set would make a good solid first set whilst he experiences the profession for himself in various environments and decides on what he wants for his second. The reason being was in reference to high level Fractals and Twilight Arbor.

My experiences of Mikes abilities go beyond Guild Wars 1 and 2 as we also play StarCraft 2 together. Within all these games he has shown a great interest in improving his abilities through good research and analytical skills. I can easily see him being successful in any game or activity he puts his mind do as I feel that the previously mentioned aspects are strong aspects of his personality.

Back to top Go down
Mesmerizing lemon
How do you play without Shadow Form?
Mesmerizing lemon

Mike's App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike's App   Mike's App I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 12:44 pm

Paranon was a cool guy you should inv him +1
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

Mike's App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike's App   Mike's App I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 8:33 pm

LEMON QUIT PLAYING LOL
Back to top Go down
River Tank
True Noob
True Noob

Mike's App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike's App   Mike's App I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 9:09 pm

Frosty wrote:
LEMON QUIT PLAYING LOL

He isn't even good at it Sad
Back to top Go down
Mesmerizing lemon
Mesmerizing lemon

Mike's App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike's App   Mike's App I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 1:45 pm

WHO IS THIS RIVER TANK

Back to top Go down
Paul
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll

Mike's App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike's App   Mike's App I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 2:04 pm

Manic wrote:
Snip

Works for me. I only say that he does make the min reqs just to learn the game a little more that's all. Def can trial after that if necessary.
Back to top Go down
Manic
True Noob
True Noob

Mike's App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike's App   Mike's App I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 7:39 pm

Completely agree.
Back to top Go down
Kaiko
True Noob
True Noob
Kaiko

Mike's App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike's App   Mike's App I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 11:16 am

I'm in agreement with Alby.

Back to top Go down
Nente/Wes

Mike's App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike's App   Mike's App I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 7:31 pm

I read a few of his mod posts and they didn't seem any more condescending than the rest of the guru mods. I'd also like to point out that I have experienced people in GW1 that were incredibly condescending and then in GW2 they were really chill people to be around... new things can do that to a person.

I'd vote for a trial once min reqs are met.
Back to top Go down
Dar
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll

Mike's App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike's App   Mike's App I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 2:50 pm

It has been almost 3 weeks since the app was put in and no update has been given on your progress. I'm closing the app. Feel free to reapply if you are still interested, and you meet our minimum requirements.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mike's App Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mike's App   Mike's App I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mike's App
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tears Of The Ascended :: Application Archive-
Jump to: