Tears Of The Ascended
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tearsoftheascended.enjin.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13

Go down 
+11
Dar
eVoVe
Dragon Lift
Wookie
K A I T L Y N N
Frosty
Purge
woo tang clan
Albus [HRUU]
Mistress Misty
IseeStars
15 posters
AuthorMessage
IseeStars
True Noob
True Noob

Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13 Empty
PostSubject: Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13   Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 9:11 am

1.) Please tell us your Account name.####, your age, Global Location/Time Zone
  • iseestars.4179, 20, PST -8

2.) Please list the your characters' names, class, and levels.
  • Mist Of Insanity, Mesmer, 80

3.) What server are you currently on? if not on Dragonbrand do you intend on changing?
  • Dragonbrand

4.) What MMO games have you played in the past? Do you still play them?
  • WoW - Nope
  • GW1 - Nope
  • Silkroad - Nope
  • Flyff - Nope
  • Trickster - Nope
  • Kal online - Nope
  • many more

5.) Please rate each of the following aspects of Guild Wars 2 in order of importance to you. (1=Lowest, 5=Highest)
  • Story/Lore = 0
  • Exploration/Cartography = 2
  • Extracurricular Activities such as crafting, (power) trading, chatting = 4
  • General casual play = 2
  • High Level or Challenging areas (most likely with a group, ie: end game content and dungeons) = 5
  • PvP or WvWvW = 3

6.) Please explain why you would like to join ToA.
  • I would love to join ToA due to the high activity and successful clear rate for high end elite end game content which is what I am primarily interested in doing.

7.) How did you hear about ToA? Do you know anyone in ToA? Please list their name(s).
  • Renzo
  • Rupert
  • Kyler
  • Evove
  • Wookie
  • Frosty
  • Many more

8.) Do you have Teamspeak and a headset with microphone?
  • Yep to both

9.) How often do you play Guild Wars 2? Hours per day? Days per week?
  • I play every night when I get home from work for about 5 hours and over the weekends.

10.) Did you play Guild Wars 1? (If Yes, please tell us your character names and what guilds you were in.)

Characters:
  • M And Ms Rotflmfao
  • The Acolyte Of Pain
  • Mist Of Insanity
  • Matthew The Divine
  • Xconvicted Arsonist

Guilds:
  • DL
  • Name
  • Zraw
  • Lod

11.) Please tell us what is most important to you in a guild. Be specific.
  • The most important thing in a guild to me is guild activity and having members that are willing to do events with the guild, without that then there's no guild.

12.) Any additional comments you would like to add.
  • Thank you all for taking the time to review my application Smile

Last edited by IseeStars on Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistress Misty
Bridge Troll
Bridge Troll

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13   Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 12:07 pm

I am extremely reluctant to give anything other than a -1. In the time I knew him in DL, Matt showed himself to have an unbearably immature attitude, incessantly talking the kind of crap in GC that would surely merit an insta-kick from ToA. It should speak for itself that I left DL to get away from this nonsense, and my destination guild was Zraw. This was only last year, so it's not like he could have changed his ways significantly since then.
He also got multiple accounts banned for botting and involvement with hacking - I give him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't responsible for the hacking, but I don't condone botting and would hate to see it encouraged here.
Back to top Go down
Albus [HRUU]
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll
Albus [HRUU]

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13   Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 1:52 pm

-1 loud mouth
Back to top Go down
woo tang clan
Bridge Troll
Bridge Troll

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13   Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 3:27 pm

If Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Stormgaard and Woo Tang Clan are in agreement. -1
Back to top Go down
Purge
True Noob
True Noob

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13   Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 5:09 pm

Loud mouth is a lousy reason to deny someone.

Misty, he wasn't responsible for the hacking. How would him being trialed into ToA even slightly condone the idea of hacking and botting being acceptable as a member of this guild?

Anyways, I would like to give my two sense in this matter. I know how committed Matt was in GW, and he showed the same attitude towards this game. And personally, I know how eager he is to become apart of ToA. I would hate to see him turned down for the reasons posted above.

Matt, your attitude does need to change a bit. People don't like trolls, simple fact. And I'm certain this wont be an issue for you. You will also need some character development.

/Trial +1
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Needs To Get Off The Forum
Needs To Get Off The Forum
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13   Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 5:46 pm

I get no mention?! D: -1111111

j/k

I agree with Renzo. You're well known for being a troll, and -- while most of ToA does some trolling -- there's a limit to what I'm going to allow. I personally haven't ever had a problem with you, though.

I know your account is pretty new, but definitely encouraging character development.

/trial
Back to top Go down
K A I T L Y N N
How do you play without Shadow Form?
K A I T L Y N N

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13   Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 5:51 pm

I have only known Matt for the two weeks that he started playing, he has proven that he can adapt to different situations in dungeons and learns quickly. My only concern is that with his new start to GW2 his focus should be character development to be a more versatile player. For my input if it matters, I would at least give him a trial.
Back to top Go down
IseeStars
True Noob
True Noob

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13   Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 8:38 pm

Frosty wrote:
I get no mention?! D: -1111111

j/k

I agree with Renzo. You're well known for being a troll, and -- while most of ToA does some trolling -- there's a limit to what I'm going to allow. I personally haven't ever had a problem with you, though.

I know your account is pretty new, but definitely encouraging character development.

/trial
Fixed Razz
Back to top Go down
Wookie
True Noob
True Noob
Wookie

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13   Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 9:09 pm

I was in all of the gw1 guilds mentioned above except zraw and I personally don't remember Matt being a troll. I also played through gw2 beta with Matt and never saw any troll behavior. Now that he's finally pried himself away from WoW and started playing the only game that matters I don't see why giving him at least a trial would hurt ToA in the slightest. Besides... the remedy is only a /kick away should anything arise. As for me... +1 /trial.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Lift
True Noob
True Noob
Dragon Lift

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13   Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 10:06 pm

Didnt mention my name /closeapp

Anyways, I dont get where this troll thing is coming from. I remember Matt when I was in DL and i had no issues with him. +1
Back to top Go down
eVoVe
Admin
eVoVe

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13   Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 12:43 am

trial + need more characters
Back to top Go down
IseeStars
True Noob
True Noob

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13   Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 12:51 am

eVoVe wrote:
trial + need more characters
Going to be working on that asap
Back to top Go down
Dar
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13   Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 3:25 am

/trial, and like Evo said more characters would be better.
Back to top Go down
Mistress Misty
Bridge Troll
Bridge Troll

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13   Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 7:13 am

I got on great with Matt when I first met him, and so long as that's the only side of him we see in ToA then that's fine, but at the very end of DL it was as though his account had been taken over by Namles. I never understood why this happened, which is why I'm extremely wary of it occurring again once Matt feels settled in ToA.
Back to top Go down
Jacks Parrot
Jacks Parrot

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13   Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 7:57 am

I've met Matt only this week. So far seems ok. Can't really say much else since I already left DL by the time he joined.
Back to top Go down
Mitch
Admin
Mitch

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13   Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 6:49 pm

invited 2/17
Back to top Go down
Mitch
Admin
Mitch

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13   Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 6:52 pm

Trial in SE. multiple paths.
did well as a glass cannon mesmer. high DPS really helped us go through things quick. He followed directions well.
Back to top Go down
IseeStars
True Noob
True Noob

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13   Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 9:03 am

FotM9 with Misty, Renzo, & Janna

The run started off rocky with the grawl fractal where we wiped on the final boss a few times, on that fractal I think i did quite well as I didn't go down but a few times and was able to contribute to the team popping her bubble then killing add's while constantly moving around so I didn't burn.

The second fractal was Dredge where we wiped a few times as well due to lack of communication due to frustrations from the previous fractal (in my opinion) but after the panel room, the run started to go smooth.

The final fractal was the ice fractal, this one went very smooth considering our previous luck, no negative things happened that I can think of.

Overall I enjoyed the run, even though it was quite frustrating at times and I hope to do more soon!

Last edited by IseeStars on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistress Misty
Bridge Troll
Bridge Troll

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13   Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 9:09 am

Matt is better than Jana at pulling the lever on the end boss of the dredge fractal. Should probably kick Jana from the guild or at least put him back on probation for some intense training until he learns how to press F!
I wasn't on TS (koz I suck) but Matt was communicative in team chat and played well. No signs of him being a dick, so let's just pretend I imagined it in DL.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Lift
True Noob
True Noob
Dragon Lift

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13   Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 9:21 am

^ eat a D

Matt sucked as usual....
Just kidding, he did well, was fun having him on the run ^^ +1
Back to top Go down
Purge
True Noob
True Noob

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13   Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 9:24 am

Run was good. It was fun Smile
Back to top Go down
Nente/Wes

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13   Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 3:19 am

I think I may have been in NAME back in GW1 at the same time as Matt. I remember several of his char names. I also don't remember any sort of trolling issues.
Back to top Go down
Perf
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll
Perf

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13   Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 5:32 pm

did fotm 11 with him,

went well, seems like a competent player
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13   Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Matt's Application -- Probation till 3.4.13
Page 1 of 1