Tears Of The Ascended
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tearsoftheascended.enjin.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

~Vixika~

Go down 
+6
Rider
CosmicSyzygy
Mitch
eVoVe
Broken Arietta
Vixika
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Vixika
True Noob
True Noob
Vixika

~Vixika~  Empty
PostSubject: ~Vixika~    ~Vixika~  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 10:49 pm

1.) Please tell us your Account name.####, Age, Global Location/Time Zone

Vixika.1092
US/EST - Florida

2.) Please list the names of your characters, their levels and professions.

Vixika - Guardian, Lvl 80, Weaponsmithing & Jewelcrafting
Serina Asteria - Warrior, Lvl 10, none
Karaleesi - Mesmer, Lvl 5, none
Kalypso Runo - Thief, Lvl 4, none

(Blah, I dunno what I want to level next...)

3.) What MMO games have you played in the past? Do you still play them?
I am an Ex-WoW-Addict. My husband & I played for 6+ years, mostly as raiders, but got burned out on the amount of work that was required to stay competitive (ie, raid 5nights/week & farm your brains out otherwise)... We both quit WoW a little over a two months ago, and neither of us have looked back! We also played Aion and Rift, but not for very long (we were still playing WoW... hard to be serious in both...). Most of the other games we do/have played were console games prior to those (I occasionally play Skyrim, hubby plays CoD.. alot.. lol).

4.) Please rank each of the following aspects of Guild Wars 2 in order of importance to you. (1=Lowest, 5=Highest)
a. Story/Lore >>> 1
b. Exploration/Cartography >>> 2
c. Extracurricular Activities such as crafting, (power) trading, chatting >>> 3
d. General casual play >>> 5
e. High Level or Challenging areas (most likely with a group, ie: end game content and dungeons) >>> 4
f. PvP or WvWvW >>> 4

5.) Please explain why you would like to join ToA.
I like the attitude your guild appears to have. I want a guild that offers a strong social community atmosphere, while also providing strong leadership - both of which ToA seems to have. Your guild promotes scheduled guild events and the ability to pick/choose which events I wish to participate in, which I particularly like. I also like the levels of participation by your members, which I have personally witnessed - in the world as well as in WvW. Between my personal encounters with the guild and the info I have read on the guild forum and GWforums, ToA seems to be a guild where I can achieve all of my in-game goals.

6.) How did you hear about ToA? Do you know anyone in ToA? Please list their name(s).
I do not *know* anyone in ToA, specifically... I have spoken with EvoVe, but only after my previous encounters with various (unknown) members of your guild prompted an interest in learning more about you guys... which ultimately led me to whisper EvoVe to ask a few more questions before applying (whom was very helpful, by the way!)

A few weeks ago, I was questing in an area where ToA was starting a guild run for a series of events in that zone. There had been an announcement in map chat by a guildie (Frosty, I think) for anyone who wanted to tag along to feel free to join in, and so I did... I even got a random group invite by some of the members participating (which was nice because it helped keep me in the loop on where the group was headed to next). Everyone pretty much ran together, smashing face along the way and having FUN... I not only had a great time, but I was also impressed with how many guild members were in the mix. It was probably one of the best times I've had in a world event in this game so far, to be honest.

7.) Do you have Teamspeak and a headset with microphone?
I currently do not have Teamspeak, but can get it. I've always used either Mumble or Vent, but I should have no problem using Teamspeak as well. I have no problem downloading the client software.

8.) How often do you play Guild Wars 2? Hours per day? Days per week?
I typically play a little bit every day, some days more than others. I'm almost always in game in the evenings after dinner until bedtime, unless school ruins my plans (yes, I went back to college at *my* age O.O). This coming semester is going to be a PITA, so I'm sure there may be days that I don't get to log in at all (booo) but I try to make sure my nights are free and clear for me to play/relax for the most part. On the weekends I have been known to log in early in the morning & play until bedtime that evening... hehe! So, it all varies, but I'm usually pretty good with popping in at least for a little bit every day.

9.) Did you play Guild Wars 1? (If Yes, please tell us your character names and what guilds you were in.)
Sadly, no. But I have an unimaginable number of lvl 80+ toons in that "other" game, do they count? >.<

10.) Please tell us what is most important to you in a guild. Be specific.
I guess I kind of already answered this when I talked about why I was drawn to ToA to begin with, because for me, what I have seen in ToA is pretty much the epitome of what is important to me in a guild... I want a mature-oriented (ie, f-bombs & other "inappropriate" discussions encouraged... lol) guild that promotes a community atmosphere, has common end-game goals, runs coordinated/structured events, all while keeping it "semi-casual" and not becoming a "job". Ultimately, a place that I can call home and enjoy my downtime with people whom I consider to be my friends, act a fool & smash face with, talk shit & just chill with... those are the things most important to me in a guild.

11.) Any additional comments you would like to add.
As I told EvoVe, my husband & I both quit WoW shortly after the last expansion, along with a good friend of ours who was also in guild with us (he was our main tank). We all three began this new adventure in GW2 together, and we would like to stay in the same guild together - so I definitely would like to know if this is feasible before anyone decides anything... I understand they will be responsible for app'ing themselves, but I just wanted to put it out there up front, because I wouldn't want to come without them (and I would hope they would not leave me behind either!!! lol). While this is probably not an issue, I've learned not to assume anything and to always be up front so that there are no surprises! ;-p

We are currently in a guild, but have not found it to be a good fit for us... They are a very (very, very, very) casual guild and there is little (if any) community feeling among the members. Rarely are there any scheduled events, or event guild chatter.. And nobody is *ever* in vent... So, it's not that they've done anything wrong, it's just perhaps they are "too" casual, if that makes sense. They seem nice enough, I've just not gotten the chance in 2 months to do *anything* (seriously, nothing...) with guild members in order to even get to know them... The schedule eVoVe told me about sounds like a great fit for my level of time I'd like to spend doing group stuffz. I can't promise I would participate in everything, but I definitely would like to do the WvW and at least one night of the PvE stuffz...

Also, since we have not been playing very long, GW2 is still very new to me but I am learning quickly (I will not speak for them - they may know way more!!). But I am constantly looking things up on my other monitor while running around in game to answer my own questions... "Where is this?", "What is that?", "How do I...?". I have no problem looking up stuff on my own, I don't expect to be spoon-fed, and I don't ask for handouts.... but if I ask a stupid ass question, just help me out & shake your head... I am still a *noob*... and I have my moments from time to time... ;-p

Anyhoo, thanks for taking the time to read my wall o' text... Hit me up if anyone has any questions, and I look forward to chatting with you all soon. =)

P.S... I used to belong to a car club forum - fashioned very similar to this site's - and I have to be honest... I missed my SMILEYS!!!!
bounce drunken sunny What a Face flower jocolor rendeer lol!
(ok... I apologize... I just had to clicky on so many of them.. I couldn't help it!!!)

Back to top Go down
Broken Arietta

Broken Arietta

~Vixika~  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Vixika~    ~Vixika~  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 10:58 pm

/invite.
Back to top Go down
eVoVe
Admin
eVoVe

~Vixika~  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Vixika~    ~Vixika~  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 11:06 pm

Had a nice chat with her in game. Seems like a good fit. +1 /trial
Back to top Go down
Mitch
Admin
Mitch

~Vixika~  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Vixika~    ~Vixika~  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 1:13 am

nice app.
look forward to a trial/run with you
Back to top Go down
Vixika
True Noob
True Noob
Vixika

~Vixika~  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Vixika~    ~Vixika~  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 9:45 am

Had a lot of fun last night in AC with eVo... Definitely would like to run something else with you too, Mitch! I've got some errands to run today, but I should be on later this afternoon/evening. Cool
Back to top Go down
CosmicSyzygy
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll
CosmicSyzygy

~Vixika~  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Vixika~    ~Vixika~  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 9:58 am

+1

mature app & seems to clearly like what we have to offer.
Back to top Go down
Rider
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll
Rider

~Vixika~  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Vixika~    ~Vixika~  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 10:09 am

Has all the signs of a loyal/dedicated addition to ToA.

+1 to move forward on this app

....looking forward to the 2 apps that follow
Back to top Go down
Dar
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll

~Vixika~  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Vixika~    ~Vixika~  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 11:34 am

Great app, +1 for trial.
Back to top Go down
Albus [HRUU]
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll
Albus [HRUU]

~Vixika~  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Vixika~    ~Vixika~  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 12:07 pm

if even a long chat with evo doesn't deter your interest +1
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Needs To Get Off The Forum
Needs To Get Off The Forum
Frosty

~Vixika~  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Vixika~    ~Vixika~  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 6:29 pm

+1
Back to top Go down
eVoVe
Admin
eVoVe

~Vixika~  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Vixika~    ~Vixika~  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 8:50 pm

ac last night will count as your trial run. only thing left now is the invite. Smile
Back to top Go down
eVoVe
Admin
eVoVe

~Vixika~  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Vixika~    ~Vixika~  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 9:19 pm

invited 12-23-12. probation 'till 1-6-13.
Back to top Go down
Dar
Jungle Troll
Jungle Troll

~Vixika~  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Vixika~    ~Vixika~  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 9:27 pm

Officers -- Edit this space when you do runs.

Run/Date/Comment/Sign:
AC - 12.29 +1 ~Frosty
AC- 12.29 +1 ~Broken Arietta
Back to top Go down
Adrien
True Noob
True Noob

~Vixika~  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ~Vixika~    ~Vixika~  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 10:44 am

Ac & HotW

+1
Back to top Go down