Tears Of The Ascended
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tearsoftheascended.enjin.com

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Changes that are coming

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Die Not
True Noob
True Noob
Die Not

Changes that are coming Empty
PostSubject: Changes that are coming   Changes that are coming I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 1:57 am

Source:http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=31317
It says it came from the GW2 forum but I did not verify it.

The no more "instant walls" i s interesting as is the wipe out changes.

•Advance notification of new builds -- A server announcement will give a much earlier warning of a new build to allow planning for the impending disconnect.
•Alt + F4 no more -- Alt + F4 will instantly kill the player and give loot and experience to the attackers to prevent cowardly abuse.
•No more insta-build walls & gates -- After a wall or gate is destroyed, the wall or gate will not instantly reappear with the first repair. Instead the defenders will need to repair the target section up to 10% before the hole is closed up again.
•Breakout Events -- This special event chain will trigger if any side loses all defensive structures on a map (not including supply camps):

Break Out Events are special WvW events that will happen when a team has lost control of all defensive structures, not counting supply camps. An NPC commander will appear in the team’s start area and an event will start that prompts players to gather around. Once enough players are in the commander’s presence he will summon his trusty dolyak to give all allies in the area full supply. He will then lead the charge to the nearby objective and give players protection and assist with building siege to assault the objective with. Those benefits, along with a defensive boon that he applies to all nearby allies, makes the attacking players a force to be reckoned with. Defenders will have their work cut out for them, as once the gate or wall piece is destroyed the commander will move to the tower lord inside and attack anyone in his path.

This is only the beginning of big changes coming to WvW, as it has already been said that the February content patch will have a large update for WvW.

Matt "Mattsta" Adams
Back to top Go down

Changes that are coming
Page 1 of 1